autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Impala LTZ Corrected with Rupes UHS and Coated with Optimum Gloss Coat

So you prefer using D103 APC over the Mothers Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner to prep trim? It works better?

And I noticed you polished the headlights, were they beginning to haze? Or you just wanted to get the most out of them?

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic work, fantastic write up. What are you're thoughts about the Rupes Nano? How Long did it take you to do that detail?
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So you prefer using D103 APC over the Mothers Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner to prep trim? It works better?

And I noticed you polished the headlights, were they beginning to haze? Or you just wanted to get the most out of them?
    D103 worked good enough to clean the trim. The thing with Mothers, is that it does leave something behind. At least that is what I noticed. It's easier to do an IPA wipedown on trim cleaned with APC than Mothers trim cleaner. I don't want anything to interfere with the bonding of solution finish.

The headlights had some sort of etched crud. So a light polish was able to remove it. They were not beginning to haze. It was part of the prep work to make them pop a bit more prior to coating them.

Quote Originally Posted by runrun411 View Post
    Fantastic work, fantastic write up. What are you're thoughts about the Rupes Nano? How Long did it take you to do that detail?
    Thanks. I like the nano. It's a great tool. Really gets into the nooks and crannies. I did not do much if anything at all by hand in terms of polishing other than under the door handles. When I really got into it, 3 days and I was officially done. With me putting in about 10 hours on the second day. The final day was 3 hours as most of the time was waiting for time between applying coats. I think on the first day I may have put in around 4-5 hours.

The free time I had during the holiday weekend was like an hour or two here and there hitting small areas like the trim, wheels and glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Mike! Outstanding Show 'N Shine.

Talk about a total transformation. That came out extremely well.

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job . It looks awesome. I know your dad was very happy with the outcome.
    Ron !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Wow Mike! Outstanding Show 'N Shine.

Talk about a total transformation. That came out extremely well.

Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by rwisejr View Post
    Great job . It looks awesome. I know your dad was very happy with the outcome.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Rental Cars, or former rental cars are nearly the perfect canvas for ressurection. They arent sun damaged, but are used and abused. Nothing a good detailer cant fix, just as you did. Nice work.

Post Thanks / Like

As a person who rents a lot.... I'm sorry man! :-)
    Amazing work! Fantastic outcome!!! You stated you weren't looking for show-car quality, but I think you nailed it!

Post Thanks / Like

BEAUTIFUL DETAIL! Outstanding Work Dude, Great Job! All that little attention to detail really paid off!

Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Rental Cars, or former rental cars are nearly the perfect canvas for ressurection. They arent sun damaged, but are used and abused. Nothing a good detailer cant fix, just as you did. Nice work.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    As a person who rents a lot.... I'm sorry man! :-)
    Amazing work! Fantastic outcome!!! You stated you weren't looking for show-car quality, but I think you nailed it!
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinQ View Post
    BEAUTIFUL DETAIL! Outstanding Work Dude, Great Job! All that little attention to detail really paid off!

Marty
    Thanks guys. It sure does look great.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast