autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Off The Charts Cool Factor: 1987 Buick Grand National with 33,000 miles!

Great results! Thanks for sharing. Brings back memories

Super Member Joe@Superior Shine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work!! We also recently did a Buick GNX. #105 with 289 miles.

Off The Charts Cool Factor: 1987 Buick Grand National with 33,000 miles!-gnx1-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I had one of these albeit only a "hotwheels" version when I was just a kid, around 6 I think I was, it was one of my favourites. Such a cool car, they look tough & for some reason I imagine you need to be wearing a dirty white tee shirt, steel cap boots & be sporting a mignight 'o' clock shadow to drive one of these . . . . Oh & dare I say it ( I'm sure Richy & Don will have my back here ) smokin' a cigar. Too much imagination, maybe but they just seem like a tough car.

Stunning detail though Richy! Other peoples wax has to be one of the most frustrating things to come across for sure. I don't know what it is about your ceiling in your garage but the photos are always weirdly mesmerising. Maybe its that lamp . . . just sooo crisp & clear & makes the paint look twenty miles deep.

Awesome week mate, thanks for sharing another great post with us.

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Fest View Post
    Great results! Thanks for sharing. Brings back memories
    Thanks very much; I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@Superior Shine View Post
    Beautiful work!! We also recently did a Buick GNX. #105 with 289 miles.

Off The Charts Cool Factor: 1987 Buick Grand National with 33,000 miles!-gnx1-jpg
    Oh, man, what a wicked car that is!! Very sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    I had one of these albeit only a "hotwheels" version when I was just a kid, around 6 I think I was, it was one of my favourites. Such a cool car, they look tough & for some reason I imagine you need to be wearing a dirty white tee shirt, steel cap boots & be sporting a mignight 'o' clock shadow to drive one of these . . . . Oh & dare I say it ( I'm sure Richy & Don will have my back here ) smokin' a cigar. Too much imagination, maybe but they just seem like a tough car.

Stunning detail though Richy! Other peoples wax has to be one of the most frustrating things to come across for sure. I don't know what it is about your ceiling in your garage but the photos are always weirdly mesmerising. Maybe its that lamp . . . just sooo crisp & clear & makes the paint look twenty miles deep.

Awesome week mate, thanks for sharing another great post with us.

Aaryn NZ.
    Aaryn, yes, the cigar would be mandatory, LOL. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, one of my all time favorite cars! Great job on this one. Did you remove that ugly UM sticker...it would look a lot better

Post Thanks / Like

What a car! I would be proud to be seen in that after your hard work.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    At least there was an era then...and thanks!
    I meant it was a strange era for Buick, they went from making old man's cars to every model having a T-Type variant, with blackout trim, then the GN which beat the Corvette 0-60 and in the 1/4. Then the management changed and they went back to making old man's cars, and by the time of the bankruptcy, just old lady's cars.

It was just a weird time for Buick, an attempt to change the image of the division, that ultimately didn't work (or they didn't stick with it long enough to make it work). Similar to when Cadillac tried to change their image starting with the "arts and science" styling of the 2003 CTS, but Cadillac stuck with their plan and has largely shifted their image from luxobarges to euro-fighters.

Of course post-bankruptcy, Buick has also tried to be more agile again, bringing on more SUV's and some sporty variants of their cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
    Looks great, one of my all time favorite cars! Great job on this one. Did you remove that ugly UM sticker...it would look a lot better
    Haha..thanks man. It's not my place to do that. Besides, we live right across the river from Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    What a car! I would be proud to be seen in that after your hard work.
    Thanks so much Rick!

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I meant it was a strange era for Buick, they went from making old man's cars to every model having a T-Type variant, with blackout trim, then the GN which beat the Corvette 0-60 and in the 1/4. Then the management changed and they went back to making old man's cars, and by the time of the bankruptcy, just old lady's cars.

It was just a weird time for Buick, an attempt to change the image of the division, that ultimately didn't work (or they didn't stick with it long enough to make it work). Similar to when Cadillac tried to change their image starting with the "arts and science" styling of the 2003 CTS, but Cadillac stuck with their plan and has largely shifted their image from luxobarges to euro-fighters.

Of course post-bankruptcy, Buick has also tried to be more agile again, bringing on more SUV's and some sporty variants of their cars.
    I hear you on that. They were floundering in many different waters. Too bad, because they hit it out of the park with the GN and GNX!

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing work Richy! That car was in rough shape until you sorted it out.
    The GN is one of my favorite cars...

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work Richy, that black paint really "pops" now, I've always liked those cars, they were bad when they came out, and there bad now, and still a threat in the 1320.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast