autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone do dent repair?

I ordered some tools and I'm going to start getting some practice.

Does anyone have any experience/advice?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone do dent repair?

Don't buy a complete set from one company. You only need a few tools to get started.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to get started with it as well. I have a glue pulling kit on hand and need to get going with it.

What tools/type did you order?

Post Thanks / Like

I went back and forth about doing dents 3 years ago.Its a very good skill to have and can be really rewarding.I wish ag hosted some classes and tools I would be all over this.Good dent guys that produce can easily make 150000 a year no promblem.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a little kit from Amazon for $90. I'll give it a shot...I have a few friends that will let me practice on their trucks.
    I even have a customer this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried paintless dent repair on my relatives cars but the ripples I created after I got the dent out drove me crazy. I can see someone with a lot of skills and patience making over 100k. What companies are you guys looking at for tools?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It's a skilled trade for sure. I studied and learned from a co-worker that use to work for a nationwide company and learned a ton online before I started. I also had a chance to play around with tools too. Really knew what I was getting into before I went for training a year ago.

Now I run my detailing business during the day and push a couple dents at night on my practice panels. I've pushed a couple dents on customers cars but it was stuff I knew I could do with my eyes closed. Builds confidence and I'll be offering PDR later this year. I'm sure I could do it now but the season is picking up and I don't want things getting out of hand on me.

Like with a lot of other things, you get what you pay for. I would only trust tools from companies that are made in the USA, Dent Gear, A-1 tools, Ultra tools, DentCraft... Dent Gear have been my favored tool at the moment, personal taste, but I have a few others. Cheap stuff from evilbay or ramazon will only be your downfall. You can't have a rod bending on you while you're trying to push a dent out. They can break and rust too. I can't remember the diameter of the tool, maybe 5/16", but it was from China and I was able to bend it.

Dan
    Mobile Unit - 2013 Chevrolet Silverado
    Precision Mobile Auto Detailing
    Facebook Google+

Post Thanks / Like

Ok first shot on my civic. A pretty good size dent on my roof. My wife took some pix and I shot some.
    Anyone do dent repair?-imageuploadedbyagonline1462586878-229553-jpgAnyone do dent repair?-imageuploadedbyagonline1462586920-115498-jpgAnyone do dent repair?-imageuploadedbyagonline1462586933-603507-jpgAnyone do dent repair?-imageuploadedbyagonline1462586946-653540-jpg

I'll be ordering some books tonight to learn a little more but I am really happy with my first night doing this