autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

1985 Corvette, Over spray Removal, 2-step Correction, CQuartz Finest Coating

Been a while since I've posted my work on here....took some time off over the winter to work on the house and relax. Back to work meow though!

This car belongs to a client who's CPO Audi A5 I detailed last year. This car would be his baby and he is only the second owner of this car and has actually owned it since April 1986. As you can see by the odometer he definitely enjoys driving and tracking the car (Canadian spec car). Considering its age and mileage there were obviously some blemishes, and a few thin edges, but overall this is a very, very nice C4 and sounds pretty mean too! Unfortunately at some point in the last year the car was heavily covered in some kind of over spray. On top of that the years of use have left the finish a little swirled. She was in for over spray removal, 2-step paint correction, CQuartz Finest Coating, wheels off coating, engine bay touch up, and an interior touch-up.

Process:

Wash – ONR
    Wheels - Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus & various brushes.
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing 3:1
    Paint Prep - Nanos Skin Towel and Glide as lube
    Paint Correction - Groit's Fast Correct Cream on the Rupes MKII21 with Griot's MF BOSS pads followed by HD Polish+ on the G15 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas done with Rupes LHR75e and Flex PE14 with 1”-2" pads
    Trim – Opti-Lens
    Exhaust - Optimum Metal Polish
    Coating Prep – Eraser & IPA wipe-down
    Coating- 2 coats CQuartz Finest

Pics

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1985 Corvette, Over spray Removal, 2-step Correction, CQuartz Finest Coating

A car like that deserves to be driven! Nice job!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1985 Corvette, Over spray Removal, 2-step Correction, CQuartz Finest Coating

Looks great! Do you have a paint gauge for plastic? I don't and am always nervous doing Vettes, especially older ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    A car like that deserves to be driven! Nice job!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Looks great! Do you have a paint gauge for plastic? I don't and am always nervous doing Vettes, especially older ones.
    Thanks Richy. I don't have one yet...not sure I want to drop $2400 on a gauge, especially when I hear it can give some inconsistent multi-layer readings from the many owners I've talked to. It is always a nail biter working on older composites though. We knew some areas were thin on this one going in so I feathered away from those areas. He also plans to repaint in a couple years and just wanted to get it looking good until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your honesty. 👍

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Excellent work as always Chad!

Post Thanks / Like

I knew this thread would be good when I read the title and saw who posted it. Great job as always. That is one proper looking C4 now.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great!
    IDA-CD
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that thing was hammered, but looked great when you got finished with it. I guess I'm not remembering my Corvettes very well, because I don't remember that 383 Stroker designation at all. And that seems like ZR-1 horsepower. And amazing how tacky that GM fake wood looks all over the interior, I had a car with that too, it didn't seem so tacky back then

Was that kilometers on the odo or miles? Is that your new garage?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast