autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Booster and $5.95 Flat Rate Shipping

GYEON Q2 Mohs topped with Q2 Booster is one of the most technologically advanced Coating combinations available on the market: extreme gloss, 120 degree contact angle water beading, years of durability, and super easy wash maintenance

GYEON Quartz Q2 MOHS Coating & Booster Combo FREE BONUS!

Availability: Usually ships the same business day

GYEON Quartz Q2 MOHS Coating & Booster Combo FREE BONUS!

GY-MOHS-LTKRetail Value: $169.98Our Price:$150.00

Receive a FREE 3 Pack of Supreme 530 Microfiber Towels with your purchase! Retail Value of $17.99!

$5.95 Flat Rate Shipping On All Orders!*

*$5.95 applies to orders orders with ground service within the 48 contiguous United States. Regular shipping charges apply to garage flooring and mats, air compressors, and carpet extractors as noted on those products. Regular expedited charges apply.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Booster and $5.95 Flat Rate Shipping

so, a coating for my coating? whats next, a coating for my coating, for my coating? 3 coatings? I'm all for businesses making that $$$$ but dang, seems redundant but what do i know. I'm just some dude.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a product specifically for people looking for ways to spend more money. Clearly you are not the target market as you don't seem interested in spending money on redundant products.

If you really want full protection, top this coating coating with a few coats of clear plastidip then wrap in vinyl. Fold the car up in a pizza and encrust in a taco bell dorito shell.
    They will have a promo sale on this combo shortly - Code 7LAYERCHALUPA

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    so, a coating for my coating? whats next, a coating for my coating, for my coating? 3 coatings? I'm all for businesses making that $$$$ but dang, seems redundant but what do i know. I'm just some dude.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM235ily View Post
    This is a product specifically for people looking for ways to spend more money. Clearly you are not the target market as you don't seem interested in spending money on redundant products.

If you really want full protection, top this coating coating with a few coats of clear plastidip then wrap in vinyl. Fold the car up in a pizza and encrust in a taco bell dorito shell.
    They will have a promo sale on this combo shortly - Code 7LAYERCHALUPA
    First post? That's funny! Welcome to the forums!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gyeon Booster and .95 Flat Rate Shipping-screenshot-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Dudes.

It's a promo. And Gyeon Booster is similar to EXO. It adds to the hydrophobicity.

I personally have tried it and didn't like it, but others like it quite a bit.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Booster is a 2nd step/ Topper like CSL/EXO but is quite different in application vs EXO.

If i remember, Booster is a very dense liquid Flourine based- the 30ml bottle feels heavier than the 50ml of CSL. And it is quite hard to see it going on the paint from the applicator.
    It is said you almost have to trust (the Force) it is going on - it seems to evaporate as quickly as it goes on.

But it seemed to work quite well on top of Mohs. The beading was quite improved.

I had it last a year before having to redo after a quarter panel repaint after a fender bender.

Post Thanks / Like

The fast evaporation is why I didn't like it. I found areas of incomplete coverage. Maybe the solution is changed somewhat; I used it two years ago.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

I have become incredibly cynical of detailing product marketing. I do like and use a lot of the products these guys sell, but the marketing hype for detailing products has become similar to workout supplements. The same company (Palm Beach Motoring Group) makes a tv show that has ads for various brands of products they sell that they also own, but present as if they are independent companies/products. Go to the website and they have all these glowing reviews of what miracles these products are as if they are an independent 3rd party make an unbiased recommendation and ever one of them says each individual product is the greatest thing since the clear coat. Then go to the 'competitions' website and it turns out they are also PBMG. I'd imagine it's very likely that a lot of these products are the exact same thing, just with different dyes and scents added to brand and describe differently giving people the illusion of customized boutique brand selection (sort of like what microbews have become).

Don't get me wrong though, they make some very good products, provide some good education, and in general I am glad they are around. Ultimately, I am a customer and that's why I'm here. Just hard to weed through the marketing and take products like this seriously. Hence my first post was satirical. Hope no one takes it to be more than humor and enjoys spending excessive amounts on whatever products make them feel happy. I've owned 43 cars, so I have no room to talk about redundant wastes of money

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan View Post
    First post? That's funny! Welcome to the forums!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had the exact reaction when I figured all of this out. You've really nailed it - so much of detailing is marketing. You'll learn to see through the bs and realize you don't have to buy every new thing + take many of the advertisements with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM235ily View Post
    Thanks

I have become incredibly cynical of detailing product marketing. I do like and use a lot of the products these guys sell, but the marketing hype for detailing products has become similar to workout supplements. The same company (Palm Beach Motoring Group) makes a tv show that has ads for various brands of products they sell that they also own, but present as if they are independent companies/products. Go to the website and they have all these glowing reviews of what miracles these products are as if they are an independent 3rd party make an unbiased recommendation and ever one of them says each individual product is the greatest thing since the clear coat. Then go to the 'competitions' website and it turns out they are also PBMG. I'd imagine it's very likely that a lot of these products are the exact same thing, just with different dyes and scents added to brand and describe differently giving people the illusion of customized boutique brand selection (sort of like what microbews have become).

Don't get me wrong though, they make some very good products, provide some good education, and in general I am glad they are around. Ultimately, I am a customer and that's why I'm here. Just hard to weed through the marketing and take products like this seriously. Hence my first post was satirical. Hope no one takes it to be more than humor and enjoys spending excessive amounts on whatever products make them feel happy. I've owned 43 cars, so I have no room to talk about redundant wastes of money

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, 'add-ons' like this are part of the fun of this stuff. If your just an amateur in a garage, trying different things is entertaining.

And yes, have had a Booster pkg in my cabinet for a while...just not sure what to use it in yet seeing as to how it has to be done in conjunction with a coating application.

Kinda a middle of the night impulse buy; like the Can Coat that arrived today. Maybe wrap it up with the Mohs kit I have sitting around; Mohs + Can Coat + Booster?

Edit: FWIW, Mohs + Booster kinda approximates Gyeon Durabead pro-only product...sez Gyeon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast