autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Autogeek sales?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autogeek sales?

They're having a garage sale

Post Thanks / Like

Great for people who live really close but not for everyone else.

3. Likes Coatingsarecrack, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With all the “out of stocks” and now a garage sale. Appears to be a major reorganization of the products stocked.……. And that’s not a bad thing.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    With all the “out of stocks” and now a garage sale. Appears to be a major reorganization of the products stocked.……. And that’s not a bad thing.
    Yeah I’m hoping they get some LC force pads in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like “Going out of business” to me. Time will tell I guess…
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think ag is closing up their florida warehouses and moving them to texas. 2 of my 3 recent orders came from Visions Investment, LLC in Texas. I will say that the Florida shipping department does a much much better job packing orders, taping bottle lids, thick heavy paper padding, and heavy corrugated boxes. The boxes from texas are too thin had very little padding, no tape on the jug lids, and the corners of the boxes arrived smashed. Luckily nothing leaked.

This sale might be to get rid of stuff they don't want to pack and ship to texas before vacating the warehouse.

10. Thanks Klasse Act, dlc95 thanked for this post
    Likes John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shokunin View Post
    I think ag is closing up their florida warehouses and moving them to texas. 2 of my 3 recent orders came from Visions Investment, LLC in Texas. I will say that the Florida shipping department does a much much better job packing orders, taping bottle lids, thick heavy paper padding, and heavy corrugated boxes. The boxes from texas are too thin had very little padding, no tape on the jug lids, and the corners of the boxes arrived smashed. Luckily nothing leaked.

This sale might be to get rid of stuff they don't want to pack and ship to texas before vacating the warehouse.
    It may be called 'innovative thinking', 'redefining the industry segment', possibly 'mature cost management'. No matter what they call it they are learning and I figure they have more labor 'levers to pull' in Texas than in Florida. The real question is... why. In the process they are taking in these 'transformative times', they are losing customers and there is little doubt about that. These PE firms.... they're in that learning process I mentioned in the last 24 mos.

Bob Mckee sold the brand portfolio, kept his ability to compete in the marketplace, picked up the same warehouse PBMG was in, then picked up Mike Phillips. Perhaps Megan will arrive soon. lol.... smart man.

12. Likes PaulMys, John U, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can think of two possible reasons you might want to move distribution to Texas

1) Cheaper real estate. Depending on the city, they may be able to get a bigger/better distribution facility for lower rent. Due to a more stable climate, things like property insurance (and flood insurance) is likely far lower as well. Not to mention not having to constantly repair facilities after each hurricane/tropical storm moves through.

2) More centralized distribution location for shipping orders. They may have discovered shorter shipment times when not having to move them from the southern tip of Florida. I know I've watched shipments often take 2~3 days to get out of Florida and they take 6~7 days to get to me in the midwest. Orders I've placed from other companies which ship out of Texas can reach me in 3~4 days. Centralization helps. Not to beat on the weather issue, but not having to stop warehouse operations or have orders stuck somewhere on the Florida peninsula when storm rips through probably helps as well. A few years ago I waited quite a while for an order due to that very scenario. Not AG's fault, but still frustrating.

To be honest, if I was going to set up distribution I probably would've looked farther north at the I-40 or I-70 corridors. They give you pretty rapid east/west movement and access to all the major north/south shipping lanes. I-40 is probably more reliable because it doesn't get shut down in the western US nearly as often as I-70 does in the winter.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah I’m hoping they get some LC force pads in soon.

I gave up on that. Just bought a bunch from Detailed Image.

16. Likes opie, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    It may be called 'innovative thinking', 'redefining the industry segment', possibly 'mature cost management'. No matter what they call it they are learning and I figure they have more labor 'levers to pull' in Texas than in Florida. The real question is... why. In the process they are taking in these 'transformative times', they are losing customers and there is little doubt about that. These PE firms.... they're in that learning process I mentioned in the last 24 mos.

Bob Mckee sold the brand portfolio, kept his ability to compete in the marketplace, picked up the same warehouse PBMG was in, then picked up Mike Phillips. Perhaps Megan will arrive soon. lol.... smart man.
    Bob is a business genius.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast