autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Lightning Deals - Confused

Autogeek and Forum Members

I missed picking up some great deals these past few days in the 'Lightning' offers.

Why? I do not want to buy an item and then pay for the shipping of a single item. Seems a waste of my dollars and AG-staff time to pull only one item box and ship. Since AG is changing the mix every four hours, can we build up into a single cart during the day?
    Then go the checkout to be more efficient with all involved?

Maybe I missed the backdoor trick on helping AG keep the products moving. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lightning Deals - Confused

They're over now but yeah, it would be tough to place multiple $95 orders to get free shipping every time the lightning deals update. Although if it's 20% off, the discount probably negates the shipping cost when you hit ~$35.

I did see Mike's book as a lightning deal but it wasn't the ebook so I passed because I had already placed an order and would have had to pay shipping on just that.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even look at the lightning deals for this reason. I don't really need anything right now. If I saw one item I liked the cost to ship would have been about the same as the discount or even more so it kills it for me. Maybe if we could "buy" items during these lightning sales and at the end of the 2 or 3 days that it runs for, pay for a single order to be shipped (or if it totals over the minimum for free shipping then nothing extra to pay). That would make me more likely to buy things just for the deal aspect of it, not because I'm needing something as if that was the case I would have bought it already.
    Bruno Soares

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in a similar place as well. Due to shipping costs, I'll often do a larger buy and wait for a big sale which either has free shipping, exceed the threshold to get the free shipping, or at least makes paying for the shipping worthwhile.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya ... I'm out of Gummi Pflege but that's the only thing I need right now and shipping is another 60% of the cost of the Gummi. And I've already redeemed all my miles too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    I hear ya ... I'm out of Gummi Pflege but that's the only thing I need right now and shipping is another 60% of the cost of the Gummi. And I've already redeemed all my miles too.
    Send your flying Pig for free shipping.

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What if they came up with something like Amazon Prime? An annual price that one could pay and get free shipping every time regardless of order amount?
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Yep, I had 303 Rubber Seal Protectant in my cart for a couple weeks until their Columbus Day sale and I was finally able to get it...and too many other things too. But yep, I'm not too interested in a lightning deal due to shipping. That's just not how I shop, at least with shipping involved. Even with Amazon where I get free Prime shipping, I generally wait until I have a cart with at least a few items.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    What if they came up with something like Amazon Prime? An annual price that one could pay and get free shipping every time regardless of order amount?
    Maybe a pro would be different but for me, I'm going to wait for a sale and then I'm usually spending enough to reach the free shipping level. And I probably would have gotten rid of Prime a few years ago, at least for free shipping if it wasn't for the Amazon streaming service.

12. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Years ago, when I was in retail, I was told that a sale needed to create a (perhaps false) sense of urgency. There was nothing in those lightning deals that did so for me.