autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm Looking for advice!

I'm just dipping my feet into the detailing industry, doing part-time after my day job and weekends. After I've done quite a few cars, I was approached on social media with what he quoted a "Sponsorship Opportunity". I just wanted to get some advice from you guys and gals about what I should do and see if this is something I should take the offer on. I appreciate the comments in advance!

Also he goes to 3-6 car meets per month and has around 900 followers on IG. Pic is of his car.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm Looking for advice!

Is the $60/month or $120/biweekly what he will be paying you for the washes? Or is this a fee you are expected to pay?

I’ll leave the sponsorship perks to you since you’re the detailer. My question above and your capacity for additional work would be the two deciding factors IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Is the $60/month or $120/biweekly what he will be paying you for the washes? Or is this a fee you are expected to pay?

I’ll leave the sponsorship perks to you since you’re the detailer. My question above and your capacity for additional work would be the two deciding factors IMO.
    Technically it's be an even trade. Neither of us are "paying" he's just referring those number as worth. If be detailing his car once a month/biweekly and he would do the above for me.

Post by Essential Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

With only 900 followers I don't think this person is at a level he can request anyone to do services for him in exchange of tagging your business. You'll likely get 1 or less details per month from people that saw his post and you'll end up having to clean his car for free.

It's your call but I would pass. If he had thousands of followers and was someone known by more people, then it would be a different story.
    Bruno Soares

5. Likes jvtong93 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    With only 900 followers I don't think this person is at a level he can request anyone to do services for him in exchange of tagging your business. You'll likely get 1 or less details per month from people that saw his post and you'll end up having to clean his car for free.

It's your call but I would pass. If he had thousands of followers and was someone known by more people, then it would be a different story.
    I kinda feel like if he's going to these meets and passing out business cards and promoting there, a quick wash once a month would be worth the advertisement? Also are IG and Facebook Post Boost worth it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jvtong93 View Post
    Technically it's be an even trade. Neither of us are "paying" he's just referring those number as worth. If be detailing his car once a month/biweekly and he would do the above for me.

Given that
    - you aren’t getting paid to do the washes,
    - and despite this he recommends that you should be providing perks to customers on first time service, which seems audacious coming from the guy’s mouth who is getting free washes,
    - and as Bsoares mentions, this guy isn’t exactly hot stuff with 900 followers...

Most guys at the meet probably have washing arrangements anyways.

I personally would tell him “no way, but thanks. Hope you find your free washes soon though. Byeeee.”

But it’s none of my business, I’ll understand if you go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Given that
    - you aren’t getting paid to do the washes,
    - and despite this he recommends that you should be providing perks to customers on first time service, which seems audacious coming from the guy’s mouth who is getting free washes,
    - and as Bsoares mentions, this guy isn’t exactly hot stuff with 900 followers...

Most guys at the meet probably have washing arrangements anyways.

I personally would tell him “no way, but thanks. Hope you find your free washes soon though. Byeeee.”

But it’s none of my business, I’ll understand if you go for it.
    What if I flip it in my favor? He did say we can work off and told me after I can add or come up with my own terms and conditions to find something that would work for the both of us. I'm definitely not gonna be giving out free service to his referrals. I'm pretty hard headed and my prices only go up, not down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jvtong93 View Post
    I kinda feel like if he's going to these meets and passing out business cards and promoting there, a quick wash once a month would be worth the advertisement? Also are IG and Facebook Post Boost worth it?

That may work if he’s actually doing that. But he may get too distracted checking out other cars and forget to pass cards. Perhaps you’ll have to send a couple people to those meets and see if he’s actually doing some work for you. Maybe ask him to have a sticker or two on his car with your company’s name?
    Bruno Soares

10. Likes jvtong93 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd blow it off as a scam in a New York minute. Would not even consider it.

12. Thanks jvtong93 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don’t do it! Every car guy wants a sponsor with promises of customer gold. List of why nots

900 followers.... not alot

Car is stock... not much attention at shows and all cars at shows will be clean so his has nothing to stand out.

He would only be passing out cards to those commenting on how clean his car is and again all cars their will be clean.

If he goes to car meets.... same thing no one shows up with clean cars.

If he gets you four washes extra a month its like giving the 4 he got you 25% off.

He’d have to generate 3-600 dollars to make it work as advertising... probably won’t.

If you are going to do it, do one then for every amount of of customer he generates say $400 or whatever dollars he gets a free wash.

People want sponsors to do work in hopes it generates the business. Make him generate the business 1st then do the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Thanks jvtong93 thanked for this post
    Likes jvtong93 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast