autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

New sale just for you!

*10% Off Coupon Code GS10 valid on in stock items. Not applicable on previously placed orders, custom or special order items, extractors, air compressors, BUY ONE GET ONE, VIP Special, car covers, polishers & polisher kits, vacuums, Kreepstool, FlatStoppers, Shop Air Heavy Duty Drum Fans, vapor steamers, garage flooring, gift certificates, bulk and case pricing, complete wash systems or any item as noted on product page. One coupon code per order.

*15% Off Coupon Code GS15 valid on orders of $50 or more. Valid on in stock items. Not applicable on previously placed orders, custom or special order items, extractors, air compressors, BUY ONE GET ONE, VIP Special, car covers, polishers & polisher kits, vacuums, Kreepstool, FlatStoppers, Shop Air Heavy Duty Drum Fans, vapor steamers, garage flooring, gift certificates, bulk and case pricing, complete wash systems or any item as noted on product page. One coupon code per order.

*20% Off Coupon Code GS20 valid on orders of $100 or more. Valid on in stock items. Not applicable on previously placed orders, custom or special order items, extractors, air compressors, BUY ONE GET ONE, VIP Special, car covers, polishers & polisher kits, vacuums, Kreepstool, FlatStoppers, Shop Air Heavy Duty Drum Fans, vapor steamers, garage flooring, gift certificates, bulk and case pricing, complete wash systems or any item as noted on product page. One coupon code per order.

*$5.95 Flat Rate Shipping applies to orders with ground service within the 48 contiguous United States. Regular shipping charges apply to garage flooring and mats, air compressors, Race Ramps, carpet extractors and any other items that have additional shipping costs as noted on those products. Regular expedited charges apply.

Free gift must be added to qualifying orders before checkout. Orders must contain at least $150 to qualify for the free gift. Orders that do not qualify will have the free gift removed. The free gift is valid only on orders that are shipped from our warehouse. Orders with drop shipped items will not have the free gift included.

BLACKFIRE Waterless Wash Combo - FREE GIFT Over $150
    Our Price: $33.97
    Sale price: $0.00

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New sale just for you!

Do you ever offer a sale on Polishers or is it strictly price match with certain requirements? I am interested in the GG6 as I am new to tool polishing but never see a salespecific to polishers. Thanks

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Artdnj View Post

Do you ever offer a sale on Polishers or is it strictly price match with certain requirements?

I am interested in the GG6 as I am new to tool polishing but never see a salespecific to polishers.

Thanks

Good question. I see this question come up once in a while but I don't always see it answered.

Sometimes there are legit sales for some brands. I don't work in sales but I do believe the "price match" program offered by Autogeek is year-around.

Here's the deal... some companies simply don't discount their tools. This means they don't let anyone that sells their tools discount them. The only way to get a deal is to put the tool in a kit and add a bunch of other normally needed products. Or when you see Autogeek Bucks or Gift Certificates, I think you get a good deal on these and then you can apply them towards the purchase of a tool.

Besides that, what most people don't know is there's very little profit margin in tool sales. Kind of weird for our industry but that's how it goes.

The Griot's 6" ROP is a GREAT tool. I show it as the FIRST tool to learn a foundation of normal machine polishing skill with and the majority of people in any class I teach that have never used it end up agreeing with me.

For you and for anyone that will ever read this article into the future, click the link below for more information on this tool and I'm 99.9% sure more info on microfiber pads as well as foam pads. There's just nothing else out there of any substance that will help you wrap your mind around fiber pads and foam pads.

Here's what you need to get into machine polishing - Recommendations for a beginner by Mike Phillips

As you scroll down a little ways there's a video where I explain exactly how and why to do a Test Spot plus a ton of other techniques that I am the original source for since online detailing began. Often copied, but never the original source.

Good luck...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, i have learned a lot from you and watch and learn from your videos often. It's a bit cold in NJ but as soon as the weather breaks i plan on putting all my research to the test on my daughter's car. Thanks for the input and endless information you pass on.