autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIP Special

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VIP Special

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Why wouldn't you just use a cordless leaf blower? Way more versatile and easy to use. Takes me 8 minutes to fully dry my car from top to bottom to wheels and door jambs.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    I could see where the BF unit could be very ergonomic and easy to use, even compared to a leaf blower, but the price is ridiculous. Highway robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I have the original DP blower and a Ryobi One Cordless Blower and I still hand dry. Down here in Florida I don't have the luxury of the time it takes to blow dry a car, especially on darker colors. By the time you are halfway done there are water spots all over the vehicle. That is, unless you want to wash it at 6am before the sun is up and high. LOL.
    Agreed. I use DI water and the big Master Blaster and still use a towel to dry the car(with a drying aid). Even with forced air, there is no way to *completely* dry the car, unless you want to sit there for an hour and blow out all the cracks and crevices without any drips.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I use the McKees Turbo and I really like the product. The extended hose can be cumbersome but it is a powerful machine that removes MOST of the water. It is especially handy when drying tires, wheels and lugs. However I still have to finish with a drying towel and a drying aid. The dryer does not completely eliminate water from the entire surface of the vehicle. There are always traces of water and small water spots left behind.

3. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gspam1 View Post
    I used to use the M37 one, and it worked great but the darn hose was so long I had to wrap it around myself twice to keep from banging it on the car or dragging it on the ground. Miserable to use, so I gave it away. . This hose looks much shorter, if so, this would work really well.
    They both have a 6 foot hose according to the product descriptions. They look identical other than the extra attachment for the blackfire one.

5. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I use the McKees Turbo and I really like the product. The extended hose can be cumbersome but it is a powerful machine that removes MOST of the water. It is especially handy when drying tires, wheels and lugs. However I still have to finish with a drying towel and a drying aid. The dryer does not completely eliminate water from the entire surface of the vehicle. There are always traces of water and small water spots left behind.
    100% spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I could see where the BF unit could be very ergonomic and easy to use, even compared to a leaf blower, but the price is ridiculous. Highway robbery.

Agreed. I use DI water and the big Master Blaster and still use a towel to dry the car(with a drying aid). Even with forced air, there is no way to *completely* dry the car, unless you want to sit there for an hour and blow out all the cracks and crevices without any drips.
    We had 29 out of 30 days this month where it hit 90+ degrees, broke an all time record in recorded Florida history and also hottest September avg. daily temps in Florida history. You couldn't use a master blaster either and not get water spots big time. It's 5:15 PM and 91 right now with feels like temp of 99. You Kali boys would wither away in this humidity
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    They both have a 6 foot hose according to the product descriptions. They look identical other than the extra attachment for the blackfire one.
    Then they aren't bothering to use it first or read all the online comments (others have complained about the hose length). Too bad, a missed opportunity besides putting a new logo on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Why wouldn't you just use a cordless leaf blower? Way more versatile and easy to use. Takes me 8 minutes to fully dry my car from top to bottom to wheels and door jambs.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    Or even corded. Even us mobile guys have power. We use that big WORX. Makes quick work of trim and wheels.

10. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, just ordered and then read this thread. Hopefully I like it. I had a leaf blower but never dried with it. The motor died in 2 years due to using it as a leaf vac.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12