autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 25% off... really????

I have used autogeek for years and will continue to do so. For me they have always been great for support and they carry almost everything I need. I also get a great forum with tons of information that I can't get from other sources. The prices especially with the sales are good and I don't mind waiting a few extra days. People need to look at what autogeek offers as a total package and it's not difficult to see it's way more than other suppliers.

2. Likes custmsprty, MadMerc liked this post
    Dislikes Kong Sheng Han disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind waiting either. Shipments usually come within a week, which is quite all right. Sucks if I am out of something but I try to order when I get low, not when I run out.

The shipping fees have always bothered me though. It's usually about half 33% to 50% of the amount of the order. Even if it's light items like buffing pads. I think Autogeek likes to make a bit of extra money on shipping. The fact they keep having free shipping sales but never reduce shipping costs to Canada when they do is a bit insulting to me. As I said earlier, it's not a lot of money but it's a matter of principle.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

When is the next 25% off, just joined here and quickly learning that I need a good amount of stuff to order

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully soon!!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    The shipping fees have always bothered me though.
    I can *kinda* give em a break on shipping costs at times; shipping is getting expensive.

For a while now I've been purging my shelves of stuff and offering it up over on sister site; have shipped many things, various weights/sizes. Even the smallest, lightest boxes are $10+ to ship. I'm sure AG gets far better rates than I do but still, shipping ain't cheap

7. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Even the smallest, lightest boxes are $10+ to ship. I'm sure AG gets far better rates than I do but still, shipping ain't cheap
    I doubt the rates are that much cheaper.

I fully appreciate the costs businesses face these days, but it kills me when I only want a single, small, item. Not long ago I was looking at another site for a sample size bottle of product. I was thrilled to see sample sizes were avilable, right up until the point where I started to check out and noticed the shipping was more than the price of the item I wanted to purchase.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

man i could never swallow that shipping cost
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    This is just my opinion, but I’ve never really felt guilty buying something from Amazon if it’s very close in price to AG.

But I pay a fee to be a prime member, so I feel in order for me to not “waste” that money I may as well use it when I can.

That being said: whenever AG runs a sale that includes free shipping I definitely have no issues (well.. except them using FedEx) ordering from them even if it’s slower. I just like to support them.

The nice thing about AG is that the free shipping without any minimum price is not a regular occurrence, so it sort of tempers the impulse to buy any and everything that looks interesting (which is a very long list of things.) They also have a wide variety of products. Much more than I find other places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i try to support AG too. What is tough for me is their shipping despite what the weight is. Then I have to wait a few weeks for delivery. So typically I read the forums and casually add items to my cart that i don't really need, but want to try. Then when there's a good free shipping and 20% sale I will submit a $200 order. This method generally works ok for the hobbyist that I am, but if I just need one bottle of something or a few pads I really can't justify using AG. Takes too long and no free shipping just doesn't cut it when amazon can have it to me in 2 days for roughly the same price.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I can *kinda* give em a break on shipping costs at times; shipping is getting expensive.

For a while now I've been purging my shelves of stuff and offering it up over on sister site; have shipped many things, various weights/sizes. Even the smallest, lightest boxes are $10+ to ship. I'm sure AG gets far better rates than I do but still, shipping ain't cheap
    I hear you on that. I learned from TheGuz to use padded envelopes from USPS and that brings costs down to just over $7.

And I have stuff I want to purge off my shelves, but man, that shipping cost!!!!

13. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    man i could never swallow that shipping cost
    I didn't. I simply waited for a sale here at AG with free shipping and I purchased a larger bottle. I really hope I like it since I'll have enough to last me a very long time!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.