autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 25% off... really????

303 Protectant is hazardous in Canada? Huh, never would have guessed. Probably have used 10 gallons of the stuff and never thought of it as hazardous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    303 Protectant is hazardous in Canada? Huh, never would have guessed. Probably have used 10 gallons of the stuff and never thought of it as hazardous.
    I think it has to do with shipping regulations, not that is prohibited here. I buy Scotch guard very often and it is available at all major stores, 303 is a similar product but in a spray bottle instead of an aerosol can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Your scangrip does not qualify for discount clearly states on product page...
    SCANGRIP Matchpen Light, handheld swirl finder light

last line before pricing..
    Ok... that's 60$ out of 300... yet they applied the discount to only half of my order.

Will email them now, I just got home

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Looks like you had one of those items from BOGO page which does not qualify for the discount..

nope..BOGO are excluded..
    That’s 3 items that were BOGO that I bought on one order and got the discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Ok... that's 60$ out of 300... yet they applied the discount to only half of my order.

Will email them now, I just got home
    looks like i missed this one Meguiars DMC5 DA Microfiber Cutting Discs, 5 inches 12-Pack

your pads does not qualify for discount either..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    That’s 3 items that were BOGO that I bought on one order and got the discount.

standard coupon that you can use it anytime..coupons that you see when they have sale 20% 25% does not work on BOGO..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

7. Likes k35fields liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still haven't heard from them. Disapointed they would remove discounts on so many items. Discounts are the one reason I order here despite the insane shipping costs.

9. Likes JMak97008 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Harbor Freight like exclusions, eh?

Maybe I am spoiled by the Amazon Prime experience, but this nickel and dime approach to shipping is quickly wearing thin on me. I want to support AG and have several orders worth several hundred dollars and I literally am frustrated every time I order. I wait a day or two to get an email confirm, then another day or two before it ships, then it's waiting 7 to 10 days to receive. This is a 2 week window nowadays.

Even with the 15, 20 percent discounts, the prices aren't that much better than Amazon and pile shipping on top that takes 7 to 10 days to receive, well, it's hard for this backyard detailer to justify. What's worse is that I wait for those 20 and 25 percent sales to order stuff and then add the 7 to 10 on top of that wait and it's really frustrating.

Again, maybe this is the hangover caused by being a Prime subscriber...

11. Likes Belo, PurpleTowel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shipping does seem to have slowed down since they got a deal from Fed-Ex. FedEx is always slower than UPS in my area. I believe I’m in the 1-2 zone and FedEx never gets my packages here that fast. Everything depends on where you live and where the hub is located.

You kinda got jammed on that 12 pack of pads. If you would have skipped the sale you would have saved 1%!

13. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

25% off... really????

Quote Originally Posted by JMak97008 View Post
    Harbor Freight like exclusions, eh?

Maybe I am spoiled by the Amazon Prime experience, but this nickel and dime approach to shipping is quickly wearing thin on me. I want to support AG and have several orders worth several hundred dollars and I literally am frustrated every time I order. I wait a day or two to get an email confirm, then another day or two before it ships, then it's waiting 7 to 10 days to receive. This is a 2 week window nowadays.

Even with the 15, 20 percent discounts, the prices aren't that much better than Amazon and pile shipping on top that takes 7 to 10 days to receive, well, it's hard for this backyard detailer to justify. What's worse is that I wait for those 20 and 25 percent sales to order stuff and then add the 7 to 10 on top of that wait and it's really frustrating.

Again, maybe this is the hangover caused by being a Prime subscriber...
    This is just my opinion, but I’ve never really felt guilty buying something from Amazon if it’s very close in price to AG.

But I pay a fee to be a prime member, so I feel in order for me to not “waste” that money I may as well use it when I can.

That being said: whenever AG runs a sale that includes free shipping I definitely have no issues (well.. except them using FedEx) ordering from them even if it’s slower. I just like to support them.

The nice thing about AG is that the free shipping without any minimum price is not a regular occurrence, so it sort of tempers the impulse to buy any and everything that looks interesting (which is a very long list of things.) They also have a wide variety of products. Much more than I find other places.

15. Likes JMak97008 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.