- Two Days Only -
Free Shipping over $50!
*Free shipping applies to orders over $50 with ground service within the 48 contiguous United States. Regular shipping charges apply to garage flooring and mats, air compressors, and carpet extractors as noted on those products. Regular expedited charges apply.

Purchase at least $500 in RUPES Products and you qualify for a FREE RUPES C701 Wheel Fast Cleaner!
$39.99 Retail Value!

Rupes Big Foot Random Orbital Club Kit - Choose Your Own Pads! FREE BONUS FREE SHIPPING!

Retail Value: $1,127.82
Our Price: $899.99

Rupes LHR15 MarkII Big Foot Perfetto Kit FREE SHIPPING!

Retail Value $520.92
Our Price $465.00

RUPES excited the entire detailing community when they announced the release of two brand new RUPES Polishers, decdicated compounds and polishes, and new and improved foam and microfiber pads. We at Autogeek of course were just as excited as everybody else, so we tracked down Jason Rose, the Global Director of Training for RUPES (which was a task in itself - that man doesn't sit still for long!) and had him answer a couple questions of ours! Check it out!

Autogeek: First, tell us a little bit about yourself – you’ve been in the car care world for a long time now, but what got you started?
Jason: My mom said that when I was an infant I would throw out the toys from my crib that were not cars.I suppose that was the original start. But actually, I do not consider myself a “car guy.” I am certainly not into cars the way others are. I am, however, a full-on detailing enthusiast. I love all things detailing. I value each moment I hang out with detailers. I think, study, and ponder on detailing processes…like an obsession. This started in high school as a teenager. It became my job to clean the family cars on a weekly basis and the neighbors took notice of my great results. I frankly didn’t know the difference between a bad result or a great one, but my neighbors seemed to rave about what I was doing. They offered to pay me to do their cars.

Soon I had a long list of neighbor’s cars I did on a weekly basis. This was the birth of a detailing business that lasted for 12 years. Which BTW, my mobile detailing business financially supported…not only living on my own, but 6 years of college (no student loans, no scholarships, and very little financial support from my parents), 2 major oral surgeries to fix problems with my jaw and teeth…and I still had a lifestyle that included travel. The business was successful enough to support all those goals, and still I had some expensive recreational interests (off-roading and camping on a monthly basis.) Of course it was hard work.

But I am so blessed to have the start to my awesome career the way I did. My mobile detailing business was a great launch pad….and the main reason I am where I am now.

Autogeek:
What is your favorite step when detailing a car?

Jason
: Ummm, paint. Of course. Perfecting the paint has always been my passion in detailing. Other processes, like vacuuming or cleaning windows, I tolerate. But I can get into polishing paint for hours and not even notice the time passed. It is a curse, like so many other detailers, that I had to intentionally manage. Otherwise I could easily spend 3 days on a car and get paid $150 bucks (now don’t get all twisted up…this is era 1980’s pricing mind you.) It was 5 years into my 12 year business when I finally figured out how to get paid for the time I put into the car. I am eventually smart. But slow.

In my 30 plus years of polishing on paint…my most fond memories are the many hour (indeed multi-day) paint polishing sessions I participated in with Kevin Brown, Larry Kosilla, Derek Bemiss, Michael Stoops, Nick Chapman, Scott Nichols, and Joe Fernandez (to name a few. There are many more.) I cherish the memory of these project vehicles that involved not just many hours of paint polishing, but days…and long nights. I smile when I think of the intense hard work and long hours doing the paint polishing procedures I love, but it warms my heart that I have always been in such great company. I miss these projects. Someone come up with another one…soon…please.

Autogeek:
As the current Global Director of Training at RUPES USA, you regularly travel all over the world spreading the RUPES love – so far, what has your favorite stop been and why?

Jason
: This is a very difficult question to answer. I have many favorites. I am truly blessed to visit so many far away places and express this passion for detailing with so many other detailers. Some say I have a dream job…and that would be the understatement of the century. My mind is bouncing all over the world right now trying to think of a favorite place. But as I said, I have many. I do keep coming back to Switzerland in my mind…and my heart. The quality and precision in detailing is off the chart there. And I don’t think they even know it. It’s just what they do, naturally. In many places in the world I often get the attitude of “I know a lot about detailing. What can you teach me?” I recall Switzerland was the first place I realized…”gee, I’m not really sure what I can teach you?”

But I sure did take the opportunity to learn a lot. And I developed some strong and lasting friendships (you know who you are.) Truth be told, I have many favorite places I have been around the world. I am truly happy any place where detailing passion is strong. But Switzerland edges out slightly as my favorite of favorites.

Autogeek:
RUPES just unveiled two new tools at Autopromotec Expo in Bologna, Italy; the LK900E Mille, which is a gear driven orbital, and the LH19E Rotary. First, and probably most importantly, is there a date for US release? We’re asking for a friend.

Jason:
Yeah, you…your friend…the whole country….and me! I don’t know the USA release date. Soon as we can? I know that is not a date on a calendar, but it’s what I know right now.

Autogeek:
Already we’ve heard a lot of chatter about the LK900E Mille and its clockwise rotation – how do you feel a clockwise rotating, gear-driven dual action machine will enhance the user’s overall polishing experience?

Jason:
Clockwise direction is relevant…because this is the common direction of most tools with a rotation in their movement, globally. So the clockwise direction adds a level of comfort for users because it is perceived as the “right” direction for the movement. Gear-driven dual action movement is an interesting motion that is among the 4 major types of polisher movements available; (1) Rotary, (2) Dual Action Random Orbital, (3) Dual Action Forced Rotation, and (4) Fixed Orbital (not so common anymore).RUPES actually introduced a D.A. Forced Rotation tool 20 years ago. The BigFoot Mille represents an upgrade to the technology.

The most exciting factor for RUPES in our current product launches is this…RUPES will soon have polishing systems (dedicated tool, compounds, pads) for all 3 major polishing movements…Rotary, DA Random Orbital, and DA Gear Driven. For detailing professionals and enthusiasts, preferences exist for all 3 movements. RUPES is positioning to be the expert in all of these polisher movements. And further…personally very exciting for me…RUPES can claim to be the only company in the world that internally makes polishing tools, backing plates, polishing pads, and compounds/polishes. All component pieces that synergistically contribute the polishing result on paint…we manufacture internally. This is a level of commitment and investment that I don’t think any other company in the world of polishing paint is doing. Very exciting to be a part of it!

Autogeek:
RUPES USA just broke ground on a “state of the art” facility in Colorado that will “increase the manufacturing capacity of RUPES in the US…” – will having a location right here in the US give your US based customer quicker access to newly released tools? Also, are we invited to opening? If not, please explain why. (Just kidding!)

Jason:
Yes…again…the commitment and investment from RUPES is second to none. Construction on the new manufacturing facility and training center is currently underway. Crossing fingers…expected to be done by SEMA. The invitation list for the grand opening event is in good hands…not mine. I hope you get invited.

Autogeek:
Of these three people, who is your favorite and why? Meghan Poirier, Mike Phillips, Todd Helme (you have to pick one).

Jason:
Oh wow, look at the time. Our interview time is almost over. I barely have enough time to answer the next question. So sorry.

Autogeek:
Lastly, you’ve been in the car care industry for a LONG time and you’ve seen many different products introduced in the past few years alone – which new technology would you say has benefitted both professional and enthusiast detailers the most?

Jason:
Many significant technologies have been introduced to detailers in my lifetime…clay bars, microfiber towels, hi-tech abrasives in compounds, paint protection coatings, etc. But I think the introduction of microfiber polishing disc technology combined with major advancements in polishing tools have to be top of the list. With exciting performing compounds, microfiber discs, and awesome new polishing tools…we have achieved a capability level in paint correction that was a pipe dream 10 years ago. As an industry, we have up’d our game on paint polishing big time! Very exciting for those of us…old guys…that remember the old ways.