autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AIO for my camper?

I finally washed my camper yesterday. I wanted to use my Flex 3401 with XMT360 on it to give it some shine and protection. It has a gelcoat finish with lots of decals as it is a toy hauler trailer. Problem is that my camper is loaded with decals (vinyl?) from the factory. I am not sure if I can use the XMT 360 as it may dull or fade the decals. I could just go with a mild wax that has no cleaning abilities at all. I would rather get some more shine and a final cleaning that a polish gives.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO for my camper?

I've used Meg's regular old cleaner wax on a lightly oxidized camper and it's decals. I used a foam pad and a rotary. I had no issues it came out pretty well.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

All in one on a Flex will work fine. Those decals are pretty durable. I've used a rotary and M105 with a heavy cut wool pad on many campers without a problem. Decals can be polished just like paint or gel most times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Try DG 501, it is made for gelcoat, and should get you 4-6 months durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    Try DG 501, it is made for gelcoat, and should get you 4-6 months durability.
    I agree 100%. I used 501 on my boat all the time with stellar results !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that if you have oxidation of an kind no wax or sealant will last very long. You need a good foundation to build on. I am now starting the ritual with the 32' fifth wheel. 2 summers ago I compounded then used DG 652 and 2 coats of DG 601/105. It has what I consider minor oxidation but fiberglass is very hard. I started with DG compound for fiberglass and a moderate wool pad. That process was going very slow and not the results I wanted so I switched to Megs 105, better but still lacking. The final now is the most aggressive wool pad and 3M's heavy duty ( rocks in a bottle ). This is working well. When the fiberglass is looking the way it should I apply DG 501 with a moderate foam pad and a DA. 2 days and I have the worst side cleaned up. 960ish square feet of fiberglass is a lot of buffing. I am going to go over the 501 with 601/105 and considering using 601/111 as the final coat. Before the Duragloss binge I am on I used various other sealants/waxes such as Klasse, Megs, Liquid Glass etc with what I consider dismal results. All of this is just my .02 cents. I have gone over all of my decals with all of the products listed with no ill results.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you could get some more stickers so you don't have any exposed paint therefore no need to polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hazcat View Post
    Maybe you could get some more stickers so you don't have any exposed paint therefore no need to polish.
    Not a bad idea, we have a promotional semi that is wrapped and it always looks pretty good. It basically goes through truck washes and gets quick detailed at shows. I doubt it's ever been actually waxed. I don't know what it would cost to get a camper wrapped though.

Post Thanks / Like

I did half the camper with the XMT 360 and a white ccd pad. Came out nice with no dulling or fading of the decals. I need to finish next weekend I ran out of time and energy.
    Thanks to all who responded

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Meg's PRC. Depending on the surface condition, you can go foam on a Flex or DA or for more oxidation/defects, you can use wool on a rotary and get stellar results. Has worked well for me
    blacksmagicdetailing.com
    Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as if working for the Lord, not man. Colossians 3:23

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast