autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Need an easier method to polish/wax my coach

i have a 41 ft Newmar (full paint) coach with a roof height of 12'10 and I need a different solution to polish/wax the upper sides of the coach. I bought inexpensive portable scaffolding and I do not feel safe up there holding a polisher trying to polish/wax near the roof line. I could spend more money and put a guard rail around the top but quite honestly I would rather be on the ground.

I was wondering if I could use telescopic pole with some kind of microfiber bonnet and use a spray wax and apply it with the the microfiber and then finish it with a different microfiber bonnet.

I am wondering about the products like meguiars fast finish or something similar that I could use?

I know its not going to be as good as a DA polisher using a good product. I have to say getting up and down the scaffolding and moving it is also tiring and I can barely get one side done in a day so this solution would also help with that.

I am open to ideas except paying a detailer to do it. They charge a ridiculous amount to wax a coach where I would rather do it myself.

I got the idea from this youtube vid.

YouTube

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need an easier method to polish/wax my coach

Hydro2 in a foam lance could reach the high places for application. As for polishing sorry no good ideas other than scaffolding. I know truckers use different techniques to clean their trucks, maybe give a truck stop a call for some ideas.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m out of out ideas for polishing but it’s sounds like you are trying to achieve protection and gloss and not necessarily paint correction. If this is so any spray on sealant will do the job and be much faster maybe 3 hours for the whole rig including washing it. I did a trailer like this in about 4 hours but I was using a ladder so A lot of uonand down.Need an easier method to polish/wax my coach-img_9278-jpgNeed an easier method to polish/wax my coach-img_9285-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

6. Likes Aaron1085 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible you know somewhere there is a loading ramp, normally those are about 3-4 feet deep and you back it down then be able to reach the top. Maybe they would let you use it on a Sunday when they are not working.