autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Products For RV

Post Thanks / Like

Products For RV

Hi everyone been around here for sometime, I am just a hobbyist. I have a done a lot of cars and boats.

I know there are a lot options out there for products. A good family friend is retiring and just purchased a 34 ft white RV. I would like to shine it up as this is the closest to polishing a school bus that is on my current bucket list along with a small plane. RV is about 12 years old and probably has never been polished.

I have a Flex 3401 and a Dewalt 849 and my trusty PC. I have a large assortment on 5.5 Buff N Shine pads.

Can someone recommend a good all in one for this task. And a great product to coat the front windshield. I would prefer completing the task with my 3401 do to the fact I have a lot of pads. Oxidation is probably the only real concern.

I have dabbled in coatings for cars such as Polish Angel, Cquartz and Marine 31. But I would like to order specific products from Autogeek for the RV.

Thanks

Mike Phillips

Re: Products For RV

Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post

A good family friend is retiring and just purchased a 34 ft white RV.

RV is about 12 years old and probably has never been polished.

I have a Flex 3401

Can someone recommend a good all in one for this task.

I would prefer completing the task with my 3401 do to the fact I have a lot of pads.

Oxidation is probably the only real concern.
    I bolded key points in your post and below is my recommendation.

If it were me, I would get a quart of the BLACFIRE One Step and some Lake Country 6.5" Force Hybrid Pads in Orange and hit the RV with this combo.

I've recently buffed out some oxidized cars but no time to process pictures and create a write-up, very time consuming. Here's what I did with a less powerful tool on clearcoat paint, amazing results. And just as important... EASY WIPE-OFF. Your arms will thank you when buffing out an RV

Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome thank you for your response I will definitely be going that route. I’ll be sure to post some before and after!

Post Thanks / Like

Im in a similar situation and will check out Mikes recommendation as well.
    Either of you have experience with Ardex products? They were recommended to me for RV use.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by wopachop View Post

Either of you have experience with Ardex products?

They were recommended to me for RV use.

I know the name but have never used the brand. For me, I test every compound, polish or cleaner/wax, (things that use abrasive technology), on black paint. If it makes black paint look great it will make anything look great. If it doesn't make black paint look great it isn't going to make anything look great.

So test first.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have an RV/Marine Shampoo that you like for maintenance washes? Trying to find something Ph neutral with zero glossy additives.
    I have the Purple Power Vehicle and Boat but im told its alkaline and will strip off sealants.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by wopachop View Post

Do you have an RV/Marine Shampoo that you like for maintenance washes?

Trying to find something Ph neutral with zero glossy additives.

Just curious, why no glossing agents?

Post Thanks / Like

Im a total novice so please feel free to correct me. I want to use a spray on ceramic coating after each monthly maintenance wash and wonder if the glossing agent would reduce the ability for the coating to attach to the Gel Coat.

Also want to layer the coating so i dont want to use the Purple Power Vehicle and Boat for each wash because it might remove some of the existing coating.

Thought about buying the CarPro Reset for maintenance washes. Might be a tad expensive. For some reason i want to avoid the retail products i might find at autoparts or wally world. Feel like better products can be found online at places like autoGeek.