autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

RV rinseless wash

I have a customer who asked if I can detail/wax their 2015 RV. This will be my first RV detail and I'm going to look at it tomorrow. I haven't committed yet, but want to ask if I can rinseless wash the RV? Or is the traditional foam cannon and pressure washer best.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RV rinseless wash

I use rinseless all the time on my 32' 5ver

RV rinseless wash-optimum-no-rinse-wash-wax-128-oz-6-gif

Dave

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I was thinking, I have a lot of WG Uber Rinseless that I can use and then hit it with a one-step. Any recommendations/tips?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurepro17 View Post
    That's what I was thinking, I have a lot of WG Uber Rinseless that I can use and then hit it with a one-step. Any recommendations/tips?
    It's all about condition and the material on the RV. Mine is fiberglass and it was bad enough at one time that 3M superduty compound and the most aggressive wool pad on a rotary was required to eliminate the built up oxidation. I have learned since those days. The last few years I usually start with Collinite 870 (cleaner wax) and a B&S orange pad on a DA then top with 476S,885 or 925. I only want to do this once a year or so so just the AIO does not work for me. I use the no rinse wash and wax which has car wax in it for washings because of the UV inhibitors and at times will wash then use their car wax full strength. So far this has worked well in the oxidation problem with fiberglass although 960ish square feet of fiberglass is still a lot of real estate. I have been thru the Klasse ,Duragloss and Meguiars line but feel the Collinite gives the best results. If a rubber roof it should be cleaned at least once a year and preferably every six months as water run off will leave trails down the sides (known as black streaks) which can be difficult to remove. If using a machine use a slow speed and do not dwell on graphics. I have compounded and waxed right over my graphics with no ill effects other than some color on the pad. Some will use 303 on graphics but being water based if it gets wet it may run streaks down the sides. If there is anything else just ask.
    Good luck

Dave

5. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to take a look at the vehicle tomorrow and take pics. Thanks for the advice!