autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extreme Weather sealant / protectant snow trailer suggestions

Thanks for all the reply's.
    I did my last trailer a few times with Collinite 915, and that was a work-out. I wouldn't mind a " ceramic " sealant .... when I looked at WG's $199 for a syringe I was surprised. Is there anyone that thinks 30cc would not be enough ?
    Trailer is a 16' In line ( 21' X 6.5' ) approx.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have a sled trailer that lives on the salty roads in the winter months. I've had good luck with just a good coat of wax on it before the season starts. I wash the trailer after every trip and if we have several trips in really nasty conditions, I will re-wax the v-nose and the rear of the trailer behind the wheels. I've found the salt/sand spray from the truck and the trailer wheels wears away the wax faster in these areas. I thought about trying a coating and I still might, but Collinite 476 works really well too and is dirt cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mankave1 View Post
    Thanks for all the reply's.
    I did my last trailer a few times with Collinite 915, and that was a work-out. I wouldn't mind a " ceramic " sealant .... when I looked at WG's $199 for a syringe I was surprised. Is there anyone that thinks 30cc would not be enough ?
    Trailer is a 16' In line ( 21' X 6.5' ) approx.
    The Wolfgang is not a sealant. It's a coating. Due to the price listed the other 2 options. I think you would need 2 30ml syringes to do the trailer. I think you could do the while trailer with 1 bottle of Pinnacle Black Label all surface coating.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Roger That, please excuse my terminology. I'm going to look at the other suggestions also.
    Additionally, I do take care of the trailer it's powerwashed after every trip, and I have been known to replace several fenders over the life span... LOL
    I just picked WG's Uber Ceramic due to the name... " ceramic ". I have found with at least the Collinite that vehicle surfaces seem to do better with a few coats ( could be just my impression ) . At least the 915.

Post Thanks / Like

One good coat of the Uber Ceramic coating and you will be good to go for a couple years. Just try to keep the trailer as clean as possible.

Mike has a video of the application and I suggest following it to a "T". I found the stuff super easy to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Even though it is not slippery to the touch, I have found nothing that keeps a car or any metal it is applied to cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mankave1 View Post
    Roger That, please excuse my terminology. I'm going to look at the other suggestions also.
    Additionally, I do take care of the trailer it's powerwashed after every trip, and I have been known to replace several fenders over the life span... LOL
    I just picked WG's Uber Ceramic due to the name... " ceramic ". I have found with at least the Collinite that vehicle surfaces seem to do better with a few coats ( could be just my impression ) . At least the 915.
    You probably know this already, but just wanna throw this out there-- you have a significant amount of prep work ahead of you if you plan on using a coating. Adhesion/application is a little more finicky that that of waxes and sealants.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well.... I have enlisted the help of my local detailing guy , I don't have the time nor the facility to enclose the trailer during the process. I store it indoors during the summer , it is an ATC Raven with a few upgrades . We will put WG's Ceramic to the test. Here is a pic for reference of the " before " appearance/condition .
    Extreme Weather sealant / protectant snow trailer suggestions-img_0084-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck! Thats going to be a whole lotta work to prep and coat that thing. I wouldve gone with a spray sealant or sealant applied with a DA but Im lazy like that. Looking forward to the results.

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Will Hydro 2 last through winter? What's the durability of it like over time and in harsh climates? What's the longevity you've sen from it?
    Its what I used for Winter prep packages when I lived in Syracuse. Of course, care affects longevity like every other product. What I enjoyed about it was that I could seal everything I could see, especially on trucks and SUVs.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast