autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pads for rupes bigfoot 21 mark 2

Quote Originally Posted by hooley View Post
    Will the blue pad be too aggressive for minor swirl marks? Will the Rupes microfiber blue and yellow pads work also? I have some panels I will be testing on before I try them on a car.
    Yeah, for minor swirl marks, the yellow foam or microfiber pad should be fine, paired with Keramik.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had really good luck with the Rupes system on my lhr15. The only pad I struggled with was the blue pad which I have since replaced with the Meguiars microfiber disc and d300 or m105.

Mike Phillips

I almost always use and start with the blue RUPES pads with the RUPES Zephyr Gloss Compound and have never scoured anything.

In fact for the last 4 years I demonstrated this on black paint under excruciating lights in front of thousands of people and I always have the utmost confidence that when I wipe off the results and let all the attendees inspect the results will be phenomenal.

Look at the title of the article I wrote for this topic....

Mind Blowing - Rupes Blue Foam Cutting Pad and Zephir Gloss Coarse Gel Compound

Something that was absolutely mind blowing at SEMA was demonstrating the Rupes Duetto with the Rupes COARSE blue foam cutting pad on a BLACK demonstration panel.

The paint was flawless and looked like we just removed a show car wax.

Did this over and over and over and over again for 4 day in a row, thousands of eyeballs watching under incredibly bright lights.

Here's a picture or the Rupes Duetto with their coarse, blue foam cutting pad and our black demo panel.

Anyone watching we would first have them FEEL a clean, blue Rupes foam cutting pad.

They would always say,

WOW!

Because it feels so aggressive and scratchy. Then do the demo, wipe off the residue and voil --> almost a show car finish.

Can I get a witness? We had plenty of forum members stop by the booth and watch the demo.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here, never had an issue with the Blue pad even on the softest of paints.

Post Thanks / Like

The blue tends to freak people out on first impression due to the feel... what the foam does under load and with the small amount of friction generated heat is fairly counter intuitive based on that first impression.

You would assume it would scour and haze up finishes, but it actually finishes exceptionally clean... even cleaner than many of the less aggressive feeling foams people are accustomed to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12