autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got Rupes?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got Rupes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    I would hope so... thats the backing plate size it comes with if you ask around (kidding)

Enjoy it! Give it a try with the stock plate as well and provide feedback on the difference in feel. I think so many times we (the RUPES guys) preach the 'don't mod' mentality, but rarely do we get any comparative reviews of how users like their tool modded vs. un-modded. Most guys mod and never try the tool as it was designed. For our own education its good to hear user feedback on the difference in feel - we already know people like the size for a number of reasons.
    Dylan, I tried my Duetto modded, and didn't like it. I felt that the machine lost a ton of smoothness, and refined feel that that I experienced when I first tried it (without the mod). I also notice that my blue microfiber cutting pads tend to want to mat down when used modded, where they stay "fluffier" when used stock. Another thing I didn't like was that modded, the compounds dried out prematutely.

I think the mod is great for guys who use a good degree of downward pressure, which I almost never use with any of my machines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Dylan, I tried my Duetto modded, and didn't like it. I felt that the machine lost a ton of smoothness, and refined feel that that I experienced when I first tried it (without the mod). I also notice that my blue microfiber cutting pads tend to want to mat down when used modded, where they stay "fluffier" when used stock. Another thing I didn't like was that modded, the compounds dried out prematutely.

I think the mod is great for guys who use a good degree of downward pressure, which I almost never use with any of my machines.
    How did you mod the duetto?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    How did you mod the duetto?
    With a washer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123