autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Big Foot iBrid Nano

Already own the 15ES and 75E Mini and am serious considering the iBrid. Any thoughts on which is the "better" option the Long or Short neck version?
    2015 Audi S4 in Mythos Black Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Big Foot iBrid Nano

Quote Originally Posted by Vrtcl View Post
    Already own the 15ES and 75E Mini and am serious considering the iBrid. Any thoughts on which is the "better" option the Long or Short neck version?
    Seems like the long throw version is more popular.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my opinion, but I prefer the long neck. It does everything the standard size does, it just goes more places.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    Just my opinion, but I prefer the long neck. It does everything the standard size does, it just goes more places.
    That is what I was thinking, along the lines of using extensions on a rotary. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

The long will offer the best levels of versatility due to its reach, I also find that having the extra length provides an additional holding surface since so many of us are accustomed to working (polishing) with both hands on the tool.

The short neck starts to show benefit in that its a little more stable to control in single handed mode. The shorter overall tool length does have some benefits in extremely tight spaces - perfect example being work on instrument clusters (cars). The long neck I found bumped into the edges of the surround on some cars, where the short fit easily.

Also - just as a point of reference, and to avoid future confusion:

The tool is actually the Bigfoot Nano with iBrid technology... so there isn't a RUPES iBrid. It will actually be a design philosophy applied to many upcoming projects: Multiple movements, multiple power sources, multiple uses - HYBRID USE. Not a big deal, but don't want people to be overly confused when the next tool in the iBrid philosophy finds its way to market. Similar to how the LHR15, LHR21, LHR12, and LHR75 are all Bigfoot tools... iBrid will be similar in application - multiple tools could appear as part of the iBrid technology line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    The long will offer the best levels of versatility due to its reach, I also find that having the extra length provides an additional holding surface since so many of us are accustomed to working (polishing) with both hands on the tool.

The short neck starts to show benefit in that its a little more stable to control in single handed mode. The shorter overall tool length does have some benefits in extremely tight spaces - perfect example being work on instrument clusters (cars). The long neck I found bumped into the edges of the surround on some cars, where the short fit easily.

Also - just as a point of reference, and to avoid future confusion:

The tool is actually the Bigfoot Nano with iBrid technology... so there isn't a RUPES iBrid. It will actually be a design philosophy applied to many upcoming projects: Multiple movements, multiple power sources, multiple uses - HYBRID USE. Not a big deal, but don't want people to be overly confused when the next tool in the iBrid philosophy finds its way to market. Similar to how the LHR15, LHR21, LHR12, and LHR75 are all Bigfoot tools... iBrid will be similar in application - multiple tools could appear as part of the iBrid technology line.
    Thanks for the information and clarification Dylan. Love my 15ES and Mini and think the Bigfoot Nano would be a great addition.

Post Thanks / Like

Already on a waiting list, can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to pick up a long neck version. Looks like a very cool tool for precision work.

Post Thanks / Like

I am waiting (still) for these to be finally released, as well as the new Rupes 15 mm mark 2 HD. Crap or get off the pot, Rupes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    I am waiting (still) for these to be finally released, as well as the new Rupes 15 mm mark 2 HD. Crap or get off the pot, Rupes.
    Do you seriously think that Rupes is purposely delaying the release of these machines..grow up man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast