autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Duetto with 3" backing plate....What a perfect world it would be :)

Quote Originally Posted by LimitlessDetail View Post
    Dont forget any use of 3rd party backing plate voids the warranty that comes with the machine...Something to keep in mine.
    True that.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NextLevelDtail View Post
    So can you put a 5 inch bp on the mini ?????
    Hmmm....didn't think of that. I think I has more than adequate Power to handel 5 - 5.5 inch pads and will be economical as well. Balancing is going to be an issue like Duetto tho.
    Anyone care to input?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 15, the Duetto and the Mini. As Mike Phillips has stated in the past, these tools are all part of a system. If you do this as a profession you'll have more than one tool as they are needed for different situations. If you're doing this as a hobby and don't have the extra cash for multiple machines I would suggest a PC or GG6 that you can use different LC BP's on. I wouldn't try to put a 3" BP on my Duetto or a 5" BP on my Mini. This isn't what they were designed for. Just a note, the mini has a smaller ring arounf the BP, if you put a 3" BP on a Duetto you don't necessarily get into tighter area because the bp ring is much wider and you will bump into things like mirrors etc.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I have the 15, the Duetto and the Mini. As Mike Phillips has stated in the past, these tools are all part of a system. If you do this as a profession you'll have more than one tool as they are needed for different situations. If you're doing this as a hobby and don't have the extra cash for multiple machines I would suggest a PC or GG6 that you can use different LC BP's on. I wouldn't try to put a 3" BP on my Duetto or a 5" BP on my Mini. This isn't what they were designed for. Just a note, the mini has a smaller ring arounf the BP, if you put a 3" BP on a Duetto you don't necessarily get into tighter area because the bp ring is much wider and you will bump into things like mirrors etc.
    Thanks for the reply. It makes total sense. I am a hobbies and I just wanted the best of both worlds haha
    I will go with the Kamikaze then. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

I'd post a picture of the 3" BP on the Duetto if the gallery wasn't acting up.

It probably won't help to much getting into tighter places, maybe just better for working on thiner areas like B-pillars.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree. That is what I panned to use it for. But for tight places I will use a rotary 3 or 2 inch pad and extension, that way you cover every inch and get precise cutting/polishing.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    I'd post a picture of the 3" BP on the Duetto if the gallery wasn't acting up.

It probably won't help to much getting into tighter places, maybe just better for working on thiner areas like B-pillars.
    See what you can do posting the pic cause I am considering buying the lhr75e

But if I can just buy the duetto and use the 5 and 3 I'll just do that any change in performance when going 3

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NextLevelDtail View Post
    So can you put a 5 inch bp on the mini ?????
    The problem with this would be that the mini BP + pad is lighter than the duetto's so you would needed to somehow reduce the weight of the duetto's BP so that it and the pad ends up weighing about the same as the mini's. I don't think it's possible.

Making the mini's BP heavier for use with a duetto is far easier. But then you have the larger shroud of the duetto getting in the way.

This is why I still prefer the porter cable type DA for polishing tight areas (even over the mini) if I'm not going to get the rotary out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeeWhizRS View Post
    If anyone is after a 3" backing plate for the Rupes LHR12 or LHR15, give me a shout. I can make one on a 3D printer using very strong filament. This has been tested and works fine. The weight is within a few percent of the original so vibration is not an issue. This will allow you to use the BF100 range of Rupes pads. ����
    Gee whiz, you're trying to sell backing plates on AG forum?

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12