autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power vs. Consumption - Why bigger isn't always better.

Great article on educating a lot of people. This ensures me once again, MarkII here I come yet again. No increased vibration or heat with better performance?!? It's an Italian thing I must say.

With hours and hours of correcting a paint, the last thing I need is more vibration or increased heat.

I can't wait to pick up mine. Now you guys need to add custom colors, I would happily pay more for that. Lol.
    By the way guys, let keep this thread clean, this is about Rupes not other machines comparison.
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NextLevelDtail View Post
    2 years to have the same motor with 30% more torque ? OK.
    If this is what you gather from reading the information presented, than we are obviously doing a poor job of explaining our approach to everybody or there is some inherent bias in this comment.

Installing a larger motor would have been easy considering we build plenty of them for other tools and we design and manufacturer our own. RUPES went the other direction and focused on efficiency through design and engineering. We feel this is the proper way to improve the design and in order to do it the highest level, it took a considerable amount of focus and energy.

As Dylan suggested, their are draw backs to doing the other approach that we feel are not worthy of the RUPES' name.

I have over 100 hours + polishing with the Boss, and

A: does not over heat or get hot what's so ever.

B: the vibration is virtually none its like driving a Cadillac down a freshly paved road, and there is none, it is actually way more comfortable to do a car for multiple hours then a rupes, and everyone that has reviewed both has said the same, would you prefer to hold square plastic, or rubber grips thru out the machine ?

C: the pads that go with this machine don't run that hot, and are extremely durable and smooth

D: the Boss is I would say a little louder then a Rupes, I think someone measured the sound and the Boss was louder, however couldn't really tell the difference without measuring (rupes has a higher winding sound) (boss has a high rumble sound )
    To quote my good friend Mike Phillips, "find something you like and use it often"

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Todd and Dylan- I understand being on a public forum, the restraint and diplomatic responses you are forced to adhere to or uphold as you are the face of a reputable, world class company. I on the otherhand am not subjected to those limitations so will say this:

I now more so than ever stand by my beliefs of the type of individuals that use and praise knock off machines being of the same caliber as the knock offs judging by their lack of grammar, punctuation, intellect and obvious misuse of the English vernacular. Basic comprehension is so evasive it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

2 years to have the same motor with 30% more torque ? OK.
    Not the same motor, a different motor with the same capacity for consumption. There is a difference.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    @ Todd and Dylan- I understand being on a public forum, the restraint and diplomatic responses you are forced to adhere to or uphold as you are the face of a reputable, world class company. I on the otherhand am not subjected to those limitations so will say this:

I now more so than ever stand by my beliefs of the type of individuals that use and praise knock off machines being of the same caliber as the knock offs judging by their lack of grammar, punctuation, intellect and obvious misuse of the English vernacular. Basic comprehension is so evasive it seems.
    Were you not the one crying and saying that more power is useless, and the Rupes, did not need any more power ???

Lmao, now your all up and energetic saying wowwww I can not wait to have more power.

Just goes to prove the point that the Boss did trump the original 21 and you are just a cry baby who closes 2 million dollar deals but drives a Volkswagen congrats.

If the Rupes mark 1 , was so superior why do you need to buy the mark 2????? Because it lacks. In power I just seen the video with Jason rose and Larry and its a world of difference on countered lines.

By the way I have many hours with the Rupes machine and the boss and anybody that used both preferred the boss your a child that has not even tried the boss.

For now enjoy your under powered machine since you said it was better then anything. Then why are they upgrading it ?

When you buy your mark 2 congrats on having a machine that has proper power that can now actually compete with the Boss cause of as right now your old argument you are a loser.

Rupes is basically saying that the old machine was a little under powered (STILL AN AMAZING MACHINE THAT REVOLUTIONIZED OUR INDUSTRY)

You don't even have a 21 you have a 15 lol

Post Thanks / Like

I thought we are all adults?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

A gazillion watts to power this thing and still it stalls? What gives? Me thinks it needs another gazillion watts to keep the pad spinning. Let the Chinese know it needs more power!!!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-spinning.html

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Were you not the one crying and saying that more power is useless, and the Rupes, did not need any more power ???

Lmao, now your all up and energetic saying wowwww I can not wait to have more power.

Just goes to prove the point that the Boss did trump the original 21 and you are just a cry baby who closes 2 million dollar deals but drives a Volkswagen congrats.

If the Rupes mark 1 , was so superior why do you need to buy the mark 2????? Because it lacks. In power I just seen the video with Jason rose and Larry and its a world of difference on countered lines.

By the way I have many hours with the Rupes machine and the boss and anybody that used both preferred the boss your a child that has not even tried the boss.

For now enjoy your under powered machine since you said it was better then anything. Then why are they upgrading it ?

When you buy your mark 2 congrats on having a machine that has proper power that can now actually compete with the Boss cause of as right now your old argument you are a loser.

Rupes is basically saying that the old machine was a little under powered (STILL AN AMAZING MACHINE THAT REVOLUTIONIZED OUR INDUSTRY)

You don't even have a 21 you have a 15 lol
    If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

Thanks for the thorough explanation Dylan and Todd.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets conduct ourselves like professionals, please. There is absolutely no reason to drag this down with bickering and name calling.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    A gazillion watts to power this thing and still it stalls? What gives? Me thinks it needs another gazillion watts to keep the pad spinning. Let the Chinese know it needs more power!!!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-spinning.html
    The guy says he's a weekend novice and that's your claim to bust the machine lmao ????

Let me tell you you are very mature

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast