autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power vs. Consumption - Why bigger isn't always better.

Thanks Dylan for the article.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting an explanation of the improvements on the new machines. I like the car analogy, it is something that we are all familiar with.

When reading about the latest and greatest in a car magazine they will list horsepower and torque ratings, but just like you stated about power ratings these numbers can be misleading. In most cases HP and TQ will be listed as the output of the engine at the crank and not the power actually getting down to the wheels. If you were to dyno a car that was listed at 500hp at the crank expect to lose at least 50hp due to parasitic lose of belt driven accessories and the power it takes to turn all the moving parts.

I would be really curious to hear about some of the ways you guys were able to increase efficiency.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never used the Rupes only the G15 so I can't say anything bad about them. The one I hear everyone rave about is the ergonomics on the BOSS are way better than the Rupes. Why add more power which I understand some want and not change the ergonomics to make it more comfortable? I will say Rupes should add a lot better warranty for a $400 machine. My power tools take a lot more abuse than any DA would and have a 3 year warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

How could one measure a machine's output?

I would be really curious to be able to test this myself. I know all that matters in the end is perfect paint and how I thought the process of using the tool was (qualitative), but it's always interesting to be able to measure things quantifiably.

For me personally, I think either a large orbit machine or a Flex (3401 or PE-8) is next on my list.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AbileneAutoWerx View Post
    I've never used the Rupes only the G15 so I can't say anything bad about them. The one I hear everyone rave about is the ergonomics on the BOSS are way better than the Rupes. Why add more power which I understand some want and not change the ergonomics to make it more comfortable? I will say Rupes should add a lot better warranty for a $400 machine. My power tools take a lot more abuse than any DA would and have a 3 year warranty.
    The online world is not always the best representation of the market. Instead it is a sliver of a slice. RUPES worked with numerous detailers and surveyed many current owners. Our ergonomics were considered a strong point with the overwhelming majority of them.

However, like anything, some people will fit different designs better (this is true of anything).

That said there have been some upgrades to the ergonomics of the RUPES, namely the addition of a soft rubber grip under the handle (which is completely redesigned). Changing the front grip allowed us to fortify the front handle and make it much more resistant to impact as well as retain the original style our customers strongly prefer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    The online world is not always the best representation of the market. Instead it is a sliver of a slice. RUPES worked with numerous detailers and surveyed many current owners. Our ergonomics were considered a strong point with the overwhelming majority of them.

However, like anything, some people will fit different designs better (this is true of anything).

That said there have been some upgrades to the ergonomics of the RUPES, namely the addition of a soft rubber grip under the handle (which is completely redesigned). Changing the front grip allowed us to fortify the front handle and make it much more resistant to impact as well as retain the original style our customers strongly prefer.

And THIS is exactly why I love Rupes!
    Keep up the good work guys, I've got 3 of your polishers on my shelf and the army will continue to grow.
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FinishingTouchA View Post

And THIS is exactly why I love Rupes!
    Keep up the good work guys, I've got 3 of your polishers on my shelf and the army will continue to grow.
    I agree with that!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Power vs. Consumption - Why bigger isn't always better.

Quote Originally Posted by AbileneAutoWerx View Post
    Totally agree with this post. For you Rupes Reps on here if you claim to have THE best buffer out there why not back it up with THE best warranty out there as well? For us who detail for a living it's not easy to dump $400 every time the damned buffer breaks. I go thru my Griots buffer about every year or so give or take a month or two. Easily run my main buffer 50+ hours a week and carry backup for when it dies. I stick to Griots because of their Lifetime Warranty no questions asked.

I'm willing to pay a little extra for a Rupes with Lifetime Warranty. Keep selling at lower price to weekend warrior but to us hard core Detailer's realize dumping $800+ to order two of your buffers at once (backup for not IF but WHEN it breaks) is not an easy pill to swallow. Work too damned hard to throw my money away just like the rest of you guys.

My debit card is ready and waiting by any means will swing by your booth at SEMA 2015 next week. Give us a better warranty is all WE are asking.

Tomato
    DFW Luxury Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElTomateDFW View Post
    Totally agree with this post. For you Rupes Reps on here if you claim to have THE best buffer out there why not back it up with THE best warranty out there as well? For us who detail for a living it's not easy to dump $400 every time the damned buffer breaks. I go thru my Griots buffer about every year or so give or take a month or two. Easily run my main buffer 50+ hours a week and carry backup for when it dies. I stick to Griots because of their Lifetime Warranty no questions asked.

I'm willing to pay a little extra for a Rupes with Lifetime Warranty. Keep selling at lower price to weekend warrior but to us hard core Detailer's realize dumping $800+ to order two of your buffers at once (backup for not IF but WHEN it breaks) is not an easy pill to swallow. Work too damned hard to throw my money away just like the rest of you guys.

My debit card is ready and waiting by any means will swing by your booth at SEMA 2015 next week. Give us a better warranty is all WE are asking.

Tomato
    DFW Luxury Auto Detailing

I kinda feel that Rupes sees a large majority of its customers as either body shops or "high end" detailers and if the machine just happens to crap out after a year either pay to hopefully get it repaired or buy a new one cause they've got their money's worth doing $1,000+ details. I think Griot's is selling more machines to "part timers" which won't use their machine near as much so figure there won't be near as many warranty claims. I'm not saying all are part timers so no one get offended. Take that into consideration along with them maybe being cheaper to assembly in China and you can give a lifetime warranty. I'm not saying Rupes should offer a lifetime like Griot's but 3 years would be acceptable. The lifetime is a great selling point for the BOSS though.

Post Thanks / Like

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mEB7WbTTlu4

LOL... Sorry, couldn't help myself

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast