autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Bigfoot Orbital Polishers Virtual Museum Tour - Milan, Italy

Hey Mike,

I know Joe (Superior Shine) has a collection of early polishers, do you have any oldies alongside your antique wax collection Mike?

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Hey Mike,

I know Joe (Superior Shine) has a collection of early polishers, do you have any oldies alongside your antique wax collection Mike?

Aaryn NZ.

I have a couple...

I'm not a Pack Rat by nature. I got that out of my system years ago after moving a few times.

Tools take up lots of space and they are heavy. I decided to let Joe have the blessing.

I'll take a picture of what I have when I have time.

Post Thanks / Like

I came across this Rupes on a local auction site (have no idea why it popped up) I thought of you as soon as I saw it. I believe the owner still used it until recently. It runs really smoothly but is heavy! Of course when I researched it I came across this thread - should have known Mike Phillips would have an article including it.

Would be more than happy to send it your way if you would like it for your collection.

Also came across Nenette which I believe is from the 1950's - great condition but we won't be using it at the shop. Happy to send this your way also if it is something of interest.

Aaryn NZ
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

I came across this Rupes on a local auction site (have no idea why it popped up) I thought of you as soon as I saw it. I believe the owner still used it until recently. It runs really smoothly but is heavy!

Of course when I researched it I came across this thread - should have known Mike Phillips would have an article including it.
    Ha ha... that's funny...

I know a number of U.S guys have visited RUPES (non-employees), but I'm pretty sure I'm the first and only guy that took pictures and then did something with them.

It's easy to take pictures, heck a 3-year old can do that. It's making them magically show up on a forum in a way where they won't disappear like Photobucket pictures that separates everyone.

Would be more than happy to send it your way if you would like it for your collection.

Also came across Nenette which I believe is from the 1950's - great condition but we won't be using it at the shop. Happy to send this your way also if it is something of interest.

Aaryn NZ
    You know, I'm working on a new RUPES project and I would love to have this in my antique car wax collection and for the new RUPES project.

I'll send you a PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Ha ha... that's funny...

I know a number of U.S guys have visited RUPES (non-employees), but I'm pretty sure I'm the first and only guy that took pictures and then did something with them.

It's easy to take pictures, heck a 3-year old can do that. It's making them magically show up on a forum in a way where they won't disappear like Photobucket pictures that separates everyone.

You know, I'm working on a new RUPES project and I would love to have this in my antique car wax collection and for the new RUPES project.

I'll send you a PM

Haha, it is but it is also a huge compliment.

For exactly the reason you have stated above - because YOU take the time to share the things you know & have seen with anyone.

Exciting that you have a new Rupes project in the works, I look forward to that too.

A cool little bit of history behind this tool. I got it from a man in Invercargill, which is a city right down the bottom of the South Island of New Zealand. I think it'd be pretty hard to find a Rupes polisher from any further South in the world than where this one has come from. And from what I had been told it was still in use until I purchased it. Guessing by the weight of it - Popeye must live in Invercargill NZ!!!

Even cooler that the original toos are still with it.

Aaryn NZ.

Mike Phillips

Haha, it is but it is also a huge compliment.

For exactly the reason you have stated above - because YOU take the time to share the things you know & have seen with anyone.

Exciting that you have a new Rupes project in the works, I look forward to that too.

A cool little bit of history behind this tool. I got it from a man in Invercargill, which is a city right down the bottom of the South Island of New Zealand. I think it'd be pretty hard to find a Rupes polisher from any further South in the world than where this one has come from. And from what I had been told it was still in use until I purchased it. Guessing by the weight of it - Popeye must live in Invercargill NZ!!!

Even cooler that the original toos are still with it.

Aaryn NZ.

Hi Aaryn,

I promise to feed and care for this tool and give it a special place in my antique wax collection.

You can send it to,

Autogeek.com
    C/O Mike Phillips
    7744 SW Jack James Drive
    Stuart, Florida 34997

Post Thanks / Like

This old Rupes polisher has begun its 13,000+ kilometre journey from New Zealand to Stuart Florida. Mike, I hope you got the video of the Rupes running.

Aaryn NZ.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12