autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes mini or flex pe14

Before it's stated yes I know they are 2 totally different machines so just hear me out. I have a 3401 and wanting to add too. I like the idea of how small the mini is for tighter areas obviously. But kind of confused with pads to get. I see rupes compounding pads are falling apart. I hear about polishes that don't do well with it, stalling. So my thought on the pe14 is i can run extensions and smaller pads to get into smaller areas. Obviously it's rotary which brings concerns of holograms and how id get them out since they're in smaller areas? Wanting to buy somethijng by july4th. Opinions needed. Thanks in advanace

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes mini or flex pe14

While Mini is a great 3 inches machine, they would never be able to polish on super tight area that require 1-2 inches pad to polish, and since these area is super tiny, finishing them again with red pad and ultrafine finish could make you almost hologram free or super hard to notice any hologram on those area.

By the way, with the area that you can polish with Mini (3 inches area), it's very high posibility that hologram could be notice, depending on your skill as well. I will say you will need both machine to completely cover all the area, but if I need to pick only one I will pick PE14.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. The pe14 does seem like it would be more versatile. Right now I could get it for 15 percent off. I've been back and forth between the 2 for the past few days

Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean PE8?

If not, you really can't compare a full size rotary to the Rupes Mini.

I have the Rupes Mini and the PE8. I never use the PE8.

I love my Rupes Mini. Also, it doesn't burn up Rupes Pads.

I recently used the new BOSS 3" pads on it too, they are excellent.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope talking pe14. I know they're different style machines different sizes. But I'm wanting to use 3" which will fit both and get into kind if harder to reach spots with a full size which would use the extensions on the pe14. Ever considered selling your pe8?

Also I've read quite a few threads saying the rupes mini green and blue pads couldn't take much abuse at all. I just got my menzerna in and also read it didn't play well with menzerna. Just seems a lot of things I read about rupes are that they are picky with all of their machines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bagged00 View Post
    Nope talking pe14. I know they're different style machines different sizes. But I'm wanting to use 3" which will fit both and get into kind if harder to reach spots with a full size which would use the extensions on the pe14. Ever considered selling your pe8?
    The PE8 is more suited to running smaller pads, 3", 2" etc. that's what it's designed for.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The pe14 is capable running 3" pads as well.

Post Thanks / Like

^But the PE8 has a RPM range more suitable for smaller diameter pads. You need a higher RPM with smaller pads.

I know it's a bit more expensive than the other two you mentioned, but have you thought about the Rupes Nano.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Think the nano is out of my price range. Thanks for the info on faster speeds on smaller pads. I've been reading a lot of reviews on the pe8 and people are basically saying get a pe14 over a pe8. With an extension there's really nothing you can't do with an 8 that you can't with a 14. This is why my choice is between a pe14 and a mini.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the PE8. I'd rather have the PE14. I'd say get the Mini. From my experience, you'll get more use out of it.

With a 3" pad I don't think there's any doubt the Mini will serve you better. The downside would be 1" and 2" pads which the Mini obviously won't do. To deal with this I plan to get a Nano sometime (When there's a better price option - or not). Until then I'll just use the PE8 for small stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast