autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Meet Guido Valentini the Presidente of Rupes

Meet Guido Valentini the Presidente of Rupes

I met Guido Valentini, the Presidente of Rupes briefly at the 2013 SEMA show in Las Vegas and again at the 2014 International Sales Meeting at Rupes in Milan, Italy.

Mr. Valentini is very gracious host opening the doors to his business and making both Jason and I feel completely at home during our visit to Rupes and our stay in Italy.

While we taking a break during the meeting I had the opportunity to sign a copy of my how-to book and present it to Mr. Valentini and this was a genuine honor and a memory I'll never forget.

Mr. Valentini personally gave us a tour of the Rupes Museum where many of his father's first drawings, blueprints and tools are on display. I'll be posting pictures from the Museum in another thread.

It was also a real honor to be asked to speak at his years International Sales Meeting and share some ideas for new products for the Rupes company as well as my thoughts on the future for Rupes in the detailing industry in North America.

Since I'm sending the link to this thread to everyone at Rupes, to you Guido Valentini thank you for your gracious hospitality towards myself, Jason and every one at this event and it was a genuine pleasure to see and feel your passion for the future of your company, your employees and your customers world-wide.

Thank you....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meet Guido Valentini the Presidente of Rupes

Thanx for sharing !

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, thank you for sharing with us what was undoubtedly a high point in your life and career!

You have helped me immensely as well as so many others and it is not only wonderful to see you recognized for that but for you to want to share that with us...your extended family.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by sproketser View Post
    Thanx for sharing !
    My pleasure...

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post

Mike, thank you for sharing with us what was undoubtedly a high point in your life and career!

You have helped me immensely as well as so many others and it is not only wonderful to see you recognized for that but for you to want to share that with us...your extended family.

It's always a pleasure to take and not only share but document things like this in the forum world. Thank you for the kind words.

Here's a thread I just created where Guido Valentini himself gave me a tour of the Rupes Museum of tools.

Rupes Bigfoot Orbital Polishers Virtual Museum Tour - Milan, Italy

Coming up is the virtual tour of the manufacturing process where the motors and tools are made in-house.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I could follow your Rupes visit Trilogy of threads. Epic!

At this one, you meant, Mr. Valentini met Mike Phillips? lol, j/k apart, he looks enthusiastic receiving a signed copy of your book.

Even great to hear about Mr. Valentini father's contribution to the company, history, tradition, are strong adjectives nowadays in any industry.

Again, thanks for sharing,

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Glad I could follow your Rupes visit Trilogy of threads. Epic!

At this one, you meant, Mr. Valentini met Mike Phillips? lol, j/k apart, he looks enthusiastic receiving a signed copy of your book.

Even great to hear about Mr. Valentini father's contribution to the company, history, tradition, are strong adjectives nowadays in any industry.

Again, thanks for sharing,

Kind Regards.

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments... always appreciated...

I actually have one more set of pictures to process and post and that was the private Water Taxi tour of Lake Como and the Bellagio...

Here's the Water Taxi that took us for a tour of Lake Como... pretty cool!

All around the lake are private homes and Villas....

The lake is shaped like the letter Y and each of the fingers is approximately 80 miles in length. The lake is surrounded by mountains including the Swiss Alps and the Italian Alps.

Sitting up front with the the Captain of the Water Taxi is Daniela, she's the Customer Service Manager for Rupes and she played the role of "Tour Guide" for our visit to the lake. She was an awesome host!

Guido Valentini and the entire staff at Rupes rolled out the red carpet and truly gave us the 5-Star treatment during our visit. Words cannot express what an adventure this trip turned out to be but most important was the friendships we forged.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks again, Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice shots !

Post Thanks / Like

Super cool Mike!!! It looks like the hospitality you guys received was more than generous! Thank you for sharing the experience with all of us here!

I will 2nd what Puckman said. You and everyone here have helped me become that much better and I am very thankful for your contributions here.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you (and I hope the missus went along too!) got to enjoy some great food, and see some of the sights!

So, how do they pronounce "Guido" over there, I know many americans pronounce the name "Gweedo", when I believe the correct pronounciation is "Guy-do".
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast