autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

LHR 15 Mark II Problem

Hey everyone,

I just bought the Rupes 15mm Bigfoot Mark II, and it seems to have a problem. I bought the "kit" with the 4 Rupes pad and compounds. After the first car I had used each pad on, they pretty much disintegrated.

However, that's not my main concern. It seems that no matter which pad (brand or style) I buy, it doesn't stick to the backing plate worth a crap. If I go anywhere other than a flat surface, AKA a surface smaller than the 6" pad, the pad separates from the backing plate, and gets off centered. I have to stop, and adjust the pad. It seems I can't use it anywhere but a completely flat surface. It is extremely frustrating, especially since I just spent a large amount of money on this tool. Maybe a faulty backing plate? Anyone else have this problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LHR 15 Mark II Problem

What speed are you running?

Post Thanks / Like

It will do it on anything above 1...

Post Thanks / Like

I just have to ask have you tested it with the rupes pads? Also do you have put a line on your backing plate to know when it starts stalling?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes those are the pads I started with, and originally had the problem with. I do have a line on the backing plate.

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot an email to our customer service - if you have an engagement problem with all the pads might just be a defective backing plate.

orders@rupesusa.com is our main email address and copies the entire customer service team. We'll help you get to the bottom of this and make it right. The benefit of working with a company that has actual manufacturing presence and support in the US is you GET SUPPORT when you need it

And for anyone else reading this applies as well. We're here to help, but we're not always on the forum to read these posts. The fastest way to a resolution is to contact us directly.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, I just shot them an email. Thanks for the reply!

Post Thanks / Like

The 15 with 4 inch pads is what I read. The 15 uses the 6 inch Rupes pads. If you are using 6 inch pads use less product and slower speeds and change pads regularly. When removing your pads try to grab the Velcro and not the foam at all or you will pull the foam from the Velcro. Over heating the pads will cause them to self destruct, especially the green and blue. Only use Rupes polishes on the green and blue pads is my advice (and Rupes).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The 15 with 4 inch pads is what I read. The 15 uses the 6 inch Rupes pads. If you are using 6 inch pads use less product and slower speeds and change pads regularly. When removing your pads try to grab the Velcro and not the foam at all or you will pull the foam from the Velcro. Over heating the pads will cause them to self destruct, especially the green and blue. Only use Rupes polishes on the green and blue pads is my advice (and Rupes).
    He bought the kit with the rupes pads 6". (4 of them) not 4 " pads . He also noted the problem at anything above 1 so if speed 2 is too fast idk lol.