autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

The RUPES LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher and Polishing System by Mike Phillips

The RUPES LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher and Polishing System by Mike Phillips

RUPES Bigfoot Polishing System at Autogeek.net
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoganIRQcHU&hd=1]RUPES Bigfoot Polishing System at Autogeek.net - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7q-a9P7xZg&hd=1]RUPES Bigfoot Polishing System at Autogeek.net - YouTube[/video]

An introduction to the RUPES LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher and the RUPES Paint Polishing System.

Pictured below

RUPES LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher
    RUPES Compound and Polishes
    RUPES Color Matched 7" Foam Buffing Pads

First let's open up the box and take a look inside...

Inside the box you'll find,

One Polisher
    Owner's Manual
    Protective cover on the factory installed backing plate

Remove the protective cover before trying to affix a buffing pad to the backing plate...

Here's the RUPES LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher with the Blue Compounding Foam Pad attached to the backing plate.

Well engineered design
    The rear handle is well thought-out with the variable speed dial placed on the top of the body so you can easily adjust the speed on the fly using your thumb. The trigger lever is located on the bottom of the ergo handle and there is a trigger lock button on the left hand side to lock the on/off trigger into place while operating the polisher.

The pivot point or the trigger lever is reversed as compared to most polishers, instead of hinging or pivoting at the front it pivots at the rear of the lever.

This design takes advantage of a person's normally strong grip and control of their index and leading fingers.

The range of the variable speed dial runs from 1 to 6 with the 1 speed setting for low OPM's and the 6 speed setting for high OPM's.

A hex key is included and stored onboard for removing and tightening the backing plate to the spindle.

There are 4 fresh air grille vents for air to travel through to control temperatures and keep the tool running cool.

Mike Phillips

Re: The RUPES LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher and Polishing System by Mike Phillips

Continued...

The 6" backing plate actually measure in at approximately 5 13/16" in diameter

The face of the large foam buffing pads measures in at approximately 7" in diameter.

The hook-n-loop backing material on the back of the 7" foam pads measures in at approximately 6 1/4" in diameter.

The 7" foam buffing pads are approximately 1 1/8" thick.

When attaching the 7" foam buffing pads to the 6" backing plates you want to center the pads as best as you can for smooth operation. You should see about an 1/8" of hook-n-loop material surrounding the outer perimeter of the backing plate after attachment.

The RUPES hook-n-loop interface offers very strong attachment strength so when removing a pad from the backing plate be sure to work your fingers under the pad and then pull the hook-n-loop material off the backing plate firmly. Don't simply pull on the foam portion when removing pads. Also keep in mind that the hooks used for hook-n-loop interfaces can wear out over time decreasing attachment strength. Keep this in mind and when you notice the attachment strength wearing out, replace the backing plate. Autogeek stocks all replacement sizes for RUPES Polishers.

RUPES COMPLETE PAINT POLISHING SYSTEM

RUPES offers a complete polishing system to go with their polishers including 4 different liquid with color matching caps to go with forum different foam buffing pads offering different levels of aggressiveness or non-aggressiveness.

From the most to the least aggressive...

Zephir Gloss - Coarse Compound - Blue Lid & Blue Foam Pad
    Zephir Gloss is engineered to be used with the aggressive blue foam cutting pad to remove deeper below surface paint defects while polishing out to a hologram-free finish. Zephir Gloss is aggressive enough to remove down to P1500 sanding marks.

Quarz Gloss - Medium Cut Polish - Green Lid & Green Foam Pad
    Quarz Gloss is engineered to be used with the medium aggressive green foam polishing pad to remove medium depth below surface paint defects while polishing out to a clear, high gloss finish. Quarz Gloss is aggressive enough to remove down to P2500 sanding marks.

Keramik Gloss - Fine Cut Polish - Yellow Lid & Yellow Foam Pad
    Keramik Gloss is engineered to be used with the soft yellow foam finishing pad to remove fine or shallow below surface paint defects while polishing out to an LSP-ready, flawless show room new finish.

Diamond - Ultra Fine Cut Polish - White Lid & White Foam Pad
    Diamond is engineered to be used with the ultra soft foam finishing pad to remove maximize gloss, clarity, depth and shine. Diamond Ultra Fine Cut Polish is an optional step for anyone looking to create a true show car finish.

On Autogeek.net

Rupes LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher

Rupes Zephir Gloss Coarse Gel Compound 500 ml.

Rupes Quarz Gloss Medium Gel Compound 500 ml.

Rupes Keramik Gloss Fine Gel Polish 500 ml.

Rupes Diamond Ultra Fine Gel Polish 500 ml.

RUPES Color Matched 7" Foam Buffing Pads

All RUPES Polishers, Pads and Polishes

Mike Phillips

Re: The RUPES LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher and Polishing System by Mike Phillips

A few thoughts and comments...

What makes the RUPES LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher different from similar random orbital polishers?

The RUPES LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher offers a huge 21mm long orbit or stroke. This is huge, or more technically this stroke is dramatically longer than the 8mm orbit offered by tools like the Porter Cable 7424XP, Meguiar's G110v2 and Griot's Garage 6" DA Polishers.

This longer stroke working together with the RUPES engineered system of precisely matched abrasive compounds and polishes to matched foam pads gives you a polisher that has the ability to remove all types of below surface paint defects quickly and easily and do it without creating excessive heat to the surface or instilling holograms at the same time.

Another unique characteristic in the design of the long orbit stroke with the matched compounds, polishes and pads is the ability to remove below surface defects without the need for extreme downward pressure to the head of the polisher during the buffing procedure.

Most other random orbital polishers rely on firm downward pressure to engage the pad and the abrasives against the paint in order to effectively remove small particles of paint and thus remove the defects. Not so with the RUPES design.

With the RUPES Random Orbit Polisher, you truly let the machine do the work while all you have to do is guide it over the paint.

I've been buffing out cars all my life and teaching others how to machine polish paint with every type of polisher common to the body shop and car detailing industry and after using the RUPES polishers one time I was impressed.

So impressed that I will now include them in all my Detailing Bootcamp Classes as well as all my advanced classes.

Detailing Bootcamp Classes - Interior & Exterior
    My next Detailing Bootcamp Class that focuses on both interior and exterior detailing will be May 4th and 5th. At these classes you have the chance to use all the RUPES polishers and sanders as well as all the other popular polishers and then you can make your own decision as to which polisher works best for you and your unique detailing needs.

Register for the May 4th & 5th Detailing Bootcamp Class

Advanced Paint Polishing - Production Detailing & Show Car Detailing
    My next advanced paint polishing class that focus on maximizing profitability for production detailing and wetsanding, cutting and buffing for a show car finish will be February 23rd and 24th. This class is limited to 8 people and is already almost full.

Register for the February 23rd & 24th Advanced Paint Polishing Class

At both of these classes you will get to not only learn how to use the full arsenal of tools carried on the Autogeek.net store but also all of the RUPES polishers including,

RUPES LHR75 Mini Random Orbital Polisher (pneumatic)
    RUPES RH156 Skorpio 6" Orbital Air Sander

For the above classes I've already confirmed these very cool projects for the students to work on...

1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass - Fresh PPG Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint System - Wetsand, Cut and Buff

1959 Impala - Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint System - Remove Swirls

These classes will fill up fast so clear your schedule and reserve your seat.

Mike Phillips

To really test out the RUPES polishers, compounds, polishes and pads I've scheduled a full detail on the below car for this Saturday...

2008 Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe
    (In black of course)

Stay tuned next week for pictures, write-up and reflections...

Post Thanks / Like

I knew you would like it! Any word on how well the chemicals work?

Post Thanks / Like

subscribed! look forward to another review of this machine - seems to be nothing but good news so far!

Retired Professional Detailer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I knew you would like it! Any word on how well the chemicals work?

I've already tested the entire system on my demo panels with Gionata the Business Development Director here at Autogeek. One thing I like about the paint system on my demo panels is they show anything and everything. If a "system" works... I'll know it really fast. If a system doesn't work... I'll know it really fast.

I'm happy to say the system works so well I trust in the above Rolls-Royce.

Have to go, it's 5:00pm Thursday and I have cars in the AG Garage to go play with...

Post Thanks / Like

Interested to hear all the info.

Post Thanks / Like

This is really great. Your experience/opinions on this unit speaks volumes.

Post Thanks / Like

Are the polishes DAT or SMAT?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast