autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The RUPES LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher and Polishing System by Mike Phillips

Awesome write up Mike!!

Kind regards
    Paul Dalton
    Miracle Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Miracle View Post
    Awesome write up Mike!!

Kind regards
    Paul Dalton
    Miracle Detail
    Do u find a major difference in cutting power between the 15 and 21?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The RUPES LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher and Polishing System by Mike Phillips

NIIIIICE machine!
    It looks pretty easy to lift, carry and and light to work with.
    What about the pads, are they different to the LC flat pads?
    I would love to try one of those. So sad that I couldn't try it at the detailing class I attended.
    Do they come in 220-240volts? If the do, that would be great news for me.
    Mike, I hope you enjoy my recomendation on that Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead, my customer is very excited that you are working and using the latest products on his car.

Post Thanks / Like

Well guys, I guess it's decision time for me. I sure hate to just leave my rotary, Cyclo, and sanding blocks. But if it's the right thing to do for my business I guess I can suck it up and convert to 100% Rupes. Before I drop a bunch of money I would like to hear everyone's thoughts. Be honest please.
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

The Rupes blue pad disintegrates worse than the HT Cyan pad.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    What negative things have you heard?
    Neg:
    Limited power and backing pads
    Proprietary pads, polishes

Pos:
    Big throw
    Strongest pure DA available

IMO it seems to be a quality polisher. Being pretty new there are going to be believers and non believers. In the right hands all of the better known polishers will do what they need too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rmagnus View Post
    Neg:

Pos:
    Big throw
    Strongest pure DA available

IMO it seems to be a quality polisher. Being pretty new there are going to be believers and non believers. In the right hands all of the better known polishers will do what they need too.
    Couldn't agree more. I'm not questioning whether the Rupes is a quality machine, I'm just asking how many demos has the AG Staff done with every polish from every manufacturer with every combination of machine and pad? Look at the results, it's all good. It's more about technique then equipment.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rmagnus View Post
    Neg:
    Limited power is not a negative. The 21E stroke is almost 3 times of a normal DA, including the Flex at 8mm. This results in the pad cutting so much with each orbit that it doesn't require that heavy pressure like a PCXP or need to be force driven like a rotary/Flex. Keep in mind having such a large surface coverage, doesn't always make it ideal for panels with big dips or bulges. I'll still pull out my GG6 to get in those areas. Hear it from one of the best in the industry, Kevin Brown, just Google "Rupes LHR 21ES Random Orbital Polisher - Features & Benefits."

The machine works great with other pads like Megs MF. You don't have to use only Rupes pads to get the best results. I also use my 21E with the 15E 5" backing plate. I have not used the Rupes polishes yet. Haven't really needed to try them out yet when I'm getting 1 step corrections done with Megs MF Finishing + M205 or bumping it up to M100/M105 for more cut.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rupes > 3401

I've tried both.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soarer5 View Post
    Limited power is not a negative. The 21E stroke is almost 3 times of a normal DA, including the Flex at 8mm. This results in the pad cutting so much with each orbit that it doesn't require that heavy pressure like a PCXP or need to be force driven like a rotary/Flex. Keep in mind having such a large surface coverage, doesn't always make it ideal for panels with big dips or bulges. I'll still pull out my GG6 to get in those areas. Hear it from one of the best in the industry, Kevin Brown, just Google "Rupes LHR 21ES Random Orbital Polisher - Features & Benefits."

The machine works great with other pads like Megs MF. You don't have to use only Rupes pads to get the best results. I also use my 21E with the 15E 5" backing plate. I have not used the Rupes polishes yet. Haven't really needed to try them out yet when I'm getting 1 step corrections done with Megs MF Finishing + M205 or bumping it up to M100/M105 for more cut.
    Exactly!!!!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast