autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Does the LHR 15 MK3 benefit from the washer mod

As in title really, or is it not really of benefit on the new model as it was on the previous versions?

thanks in advance

Nick

Mike Phillips

Re: Does the LHR 15 MK3 benefit from the washer mod

I can't remember 100%, but I "think" Todd Helme addressed the topic of the Washer Mod in this video shot just recently, June 24th, 2021

None of the RUPES polishers in Autogeek's Garage have the Washer Mod and all the cars that have been buffed out with these tools over the last 7-8 years have always came out looking great.

I've always wondered, instead of doing the washer mod - just remove the rubber shroud. Same effect.

3. Thanks nickyc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I can't remember 100%, but I "think" Todd Helme addressed the topic of the Washer Mod in this video shot just recently, June 24th, 2021

None of the RUPES polishers in Autogeek's Garage have the Washer Mod and all the cars that have been buffed out with these tools over the last 7-8 years have always came out looking great.

I've always wondered, instead of doing the washer mod - just remove the rubber shroud. Same effect.

Then again, you can easily always remove the washer to begin with.

A while back, I was using my RUPES as intended.

I personally had mine with the washer mod for over a year after a while using the Bigfoot Polishing System exclusively for some time.

Eventually, I went back to using my machine as intended by RUPES.

Here is what I have discovered.

I found that when used without the washer mod along with their liquids and pads, it produced THE MOST user friendly experience one can wish for. Their system is a dream to use. I have never had issues producing desired results.

Rotation is consistent and is always smooth. Smoother than compared to having the washer mod.

IMHO, you will benefit the most using your RUPES as intended.

5. Thanks nickyc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an MKII and had it washer modded and it does keep it rotating by not touching the shroud. A little more vibration is felt but nothing terrible.

I ended up taking it out and it is smoother and the tool doesn’t need it based on my experience. Just keep the backing plate lubed per Rupes recommendation and you will keep the shroud in good shape as well.

7. Thanks nickyc thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using mine for three months. I see no need for the washer mod myself. Keeping the pad from stalling requires using proper technique. Only time I have seen an issue is when I get in a rush and use poor technique.

I started using the complete Rupes system. Had some trouble at first, mostly with the blue pads and compound. I watched their videos and followed the advise. Now I really like the system.

I have been playing with a yellow wool, and yellow DA pads with Blackfire one step. Man I love that stuff, wipes off so easy.