Just to add...

When foam gets wet with product - it becomes SOFT and loses its cut.

When foam gets wet with product - the liquid IN the pad hold HEAT into the pad and this plus the violent action of an orbital polisher, plus pressure plus TIME destorys pads.

Your pads will last longer if you swap to a fresh pad often - at least for any paint correction steps.

For machine waxing - totally different. You only need ONE pad.

High speed machine waxing - Kissing the Finish Technique by Mike Phillips

Wax on, wax off!

Okay - now that the entire car from top to bottom, side to side and end to end has a layer of wax on it, let me share a few tips for removing a show car wax or finishing wax.

Inspect your wipe-off towels
First, inspect your microfiber towels by look at them and also feeling them. A lot of the time your hands will detect contaminants lodged in the microfiber nap that your eyes cannot see. If you do not inspect and catch these contaminants you risk instilling scratches back into the paint. So always inspect both visually and tactically. (You should actually inspect all your towels, clearcoat paints scratch easily)

Next - fold the towel 4-ways and then press it down on the paint and twist it in a circle back and forth....

This will create a shiny spot.

This is called,

Breaking the wax open

Then, place the towel back down on the shiny spot and creep out. I don't mean get weird on me... I mean move out from the shiny spot using small, overlapping circular motions to gently and safely remove the layer of wax. Flip your towel to a clean side or re-fold your towel to a clean side and swap out to a fresh, clean, dry INSPECTED towel often to make wiping the wax of effortless.

Almost done....

That's what I'm talking about!

But yeah, generally speaking, more pads are better.

The new RUPES yellow and white in 7" on any of the BEASTS are two of my favorite pads. And after use I wash and dry them in the washing machine and dryer and they are VERY durable. But I swap out to fresh dry pads often.