autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Yellow Medium Wool Polishing Pads - You thoughts please

Hi folks, bear with me on this one, I would love your advice on the above pad please and your thoughts if you already have it.

I have an Audi and a VW, both 5 years old, in really good condition just with wash marring and spiderwebbing, there is the odd deep scratch, but i am not looking to remove them really. I just want to give the cars a nice spruce up with what I would call a one step.

I was planning on using Uno Protect with the above pads on my Flex XCE and the smaller areas with my Pixie. Now is this pad just right for the job, or is it too aggressive or not aggressive enough ? Will it be ok on the XCE, or would I be better off with a different pad. I have seen quite a few people on the tubeofYou using it recently, but wondered if it would be right for me and my machine. It seems to do just the right amount of cut for what i will need it for, but also finishes well too by the looks of it. Will save me buying different pads if all the above is right.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Yellow Medium Wool Polishing Pads - You thoughts please

I have tried the Rupes wool pads but have been intrigued by them. I hear they cut better and finish better than microfiber.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Thats my dilemma really, I dont think my defects warrant a wool pad, so is it worth me getting it over another pad for my 1 step ?

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke with Jason Rose from RUPES at Mobile Tech Expo earlier this year and I was intrigued with these pads, and recently had the chance to use their 'old' version (currently available on AG) of Keramik Gloss Fine polish and the 'yellow' medium wool pad on an Infiniti QX60.

I could not believe how fast this combo removed swirls marks, how long the product worked, and well it finished down (with no need for a finer polish) - I did both driver and passenger doors in just 3 sections. The wool pads run cooler than microfiber, so I guess that is where the long work time came in. A quick clean of the pad with a brush, and I was on to the next section. With MF pads I would have cleaned the pad, and swapped to a 2nd pad for the next section, allowing the 1st pad to cool down.

Not sure how they would work with Uno, but it is worth a shot.

BTW, these are not the same as the wool pads you see used with a rotary, they are more like a hybrid between a micro-fiber and a foam pad.

Post Thanks / Like

The yellow wool pads are nice. They can finish out well with the variable of paint hardness. Perhaps these video will help out.

Fast forward to 4 mins in this video

6. Likes mc2hill liked this post