autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Senior Member Rsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rupes LHR15 Mark2 & Ibrid Nano - Issues Concerns and Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionista View Post
    Interesting, from my experience I have not seen reduced cut from the pads after cleaning, or wear for that matter.
    and I was cleaning after every section.
    Isn't he the chemist from Optimum? seen him in few videos on YT.
    Dr. G is the chemist from Optimum. Yvan just left Optimum and now is with Lake Country.

  2. Likes Perfectionista liked this post
  3. #22
    Senior Member Coatingsarecrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,947
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rupes LHR15 Mark2 & Ibrid Nano - Issues Concerns and Observations

    I got a vert GT and i thought 3 days (8 hours each)for everything and the coating was a long time.

    Good looking ride, keep it shiny!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #23
    Junior Member Perfectionista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Near Wash D.C
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rupes LHR15 Mark2 & Ibrid Nano - Issues Concerns and Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I got a vert GT and i thought 3 days (8 hours each)for everything and the coating was a long time.

    Good looking ride, keep it shiny!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hehe trust me when I started I said at most 2-3 days because of my OCD,
    but Rupes LHR15 didn't agree with that and I spent more time on each panel
    than I hoped for.

  5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
  6. #24
    Senior Member Loach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rupes LHR15 Mark2 & Ibrid Nano - Issues Concerns and Observations

    Got the Kevin Brown Buff Daddy washer in today, noticeable improvement in stall prevention on the MKIII. It's still going to stall to some extent like most, maintaining good form and managing your method of attack in the curves is always good practice. The problem with the Rupes before the washer is the rate and extent at which it stalls compared to other long throws. Now it's no longer at a significant disadvantage when putting the same polishers with the same pads in the same weak areas on the panel, it's worth the modification for me.



    Nice polished edges:






    Before:


    After:

  7. Likes Perfectionista liked this post
  8. #25
    Junior Member Perfectionista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Near Wash D.C
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rupes LHR15 Mark2 & Ibrid Nano - Issues Concerns and Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Got the Kevin Brown Buff Daddy washer in today, noticeable improvement in stall prevention on the MKIII. It's still going to stall to some extent like most, maintaining good form and managing your method of attack in the curves is always good practice. The problem with the Rupes before the washer is the rate and extent at which it stalls compared to other long throws. Now it's no longer at a significant disadvantage when putting the same polishers with the same pads in the same weak areas on the panel, it's worth the modification for me.
    That sounds great! I also got mine today I ordered 2 just in case and installed one,
    It sound like it made an improvement but, is it an improvement that replaces the need
    for a forced rotation DA like the Rupes Mille?

    Meaning is it going to correct faster than before and also replaces the need for a forced rotation DA?

  9. #26
    Senior Member Rsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rupes LHR15 Mark2 & Ibrid Nano - Issues Concerns and Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionista View Post
    That sounds great! I also got mine today I ordered 2 just in case and installed one,
    It sound like it made an improvement but, is it an improvement that replaces the need
    for a forced rotation DA like the Rupes Mille?

    Meaning is it going to correct faster than before and also replaces the need for a forced rotation DA?
    Just get the Mille and be done with stalling. It comes with 5 and 6" backing plates.

  10. #27
    Senior Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    11,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rupes LHR15 Mark2 & Ibrid Nano - Issues Concerns and Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Just get the Mille and be done with stalling. It comes with 5 and 6" backing plates.
    I know right? Heck up until recently, I wasn’t aware about so many people having what seems like a common issue with the Rupes MKll & lll stalling so often.. I thought that was a 1st gen. problem.

    I also find it odd that such a big production has to be made to source a simple washer to fit on the Rupes backing plate... Meanwhile Griots gives you 2 washers included for free with their long throw DA polishers. I personally don’t use them because my G21 doesn’t have an issue with stalling and has yet to meet defects I couldn’t remove with relative ease.

  11. #28
    Senior Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    11,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rupes LHR15 Mark2 & Ibrid Nano - Issues Concerns and Observations

    They actually gave me 4 washers..


  12. #29
    Senior Member KBsToy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SW...Pa
    Posts
    1,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rupes LHR15 Mark2 & Ibrid Nano - Issues Concerns and Observations

    I just got my G15 and it came with 4 thin washers and grease...

  13. #30
    Junior Member Perfectionista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Near Wash D.C
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rupes LHR15 Mark2 & Ibrid Nano - Issues Concerns and Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Just get the Mille and be done with stalling. It comes with 5 and 6" backing plates.
    Yeah I am for sure, just want to know how much of an improvement the KB washer adds to the machine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2017, 09:59 PM
  2. Ibrid nano issues
    By fdfretes in forum RUPES BigFoot Oribital Polishers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-30-2017, 06:57 PM
  3. Rupes Ibrid nano
    By Rsurfer in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-25-2017, 04:53 PM
  4. RUPES 2" Backing Plate not for use with the rotary connector and the RUPES Nano iBrid
    By Mike Phillips in forum RUPES BigFoot Oribital Polishers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-22-2017, 10:37 AM
  5. Advice on the Rupes IBrid nano
    By Copperbike in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-13-2016, 11:19 AM

Members who have read this thread: 83

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» July 2020

S M T W T F S
282930 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1