autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Bigfoort 15mkIII combo kits or just the tool?

I recently bought the Nano long neck kit and absolutely love it! I have used a PC to take care of my cars for close to 20 years now and figured it's time to upgrade a bit... Really like the feel and versatility of the 15MkIII... Not so sure how to go about purchasing it though....The Nano kit was kind of cool, but lots of things I just don't need like the travel bag, sample size liquids etc... Would I be better off spending the $435 or so on just the tool and than purchasing pads etc... separately? If so, what would be the must have pads and products? I know lots of people suggest using it as a system but than you see a ton of video's with people using various liquids and different pads anyway....
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Bigfoort 15mkIII combo kits or just the tool?

If it were me..21mm and 5in BP.

With that said, tool only as you will most likely need a different weighted pad to get stock or better than stock free air balance

Post Thanks / Like

I’d look at the polisher and price things in kit you’d use. If close to price of the kit just consider extras samples. If significantly less pass on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

When I bought polishers, always looked for kits that were pad-centric. Always need pads and w Rupes, no matter if you're eventually gonna go with other pads, having some Rupes Yellow pads is never a bad thing. Very versatile pads.

Edit: Doesn't look like they have the 'Pad Kit' w/ the new Rupes III though but it's what I went with, choosing 4 yellow pads:

Kit includes:
    Rupes LHR 15 MarkII Big Foot Random Orbital Polisher
    4 Rupes Foam Pads - Your Choice!
    16 oz. Wolfgang Pad Werks Pad Cleaner & Extender
    2 Microfiber Detailing Cloths, 16 x 16 inches

If you're not in a hurry and wanna save some $$, generally AG has Gift Certificate Sales around Black Friday. Buy a $500 Gift Certificate for $375 (25% off) and use Gift Certificate to pay for Rupes...only way to get a discount on a Rupes. Anothe plus to Gift Certs is that you can buy them at discounted price, then use them for payment during a sale for non-excluded items, essentially stacking your discounts...another good way to get pads (or most anything, really) . Buy 25% off Gift Cert and then use to pay for items during a 25% off sale. Very rare occurrence that only happens briefly around the holidays. Sign up for Autogeek & Autopia newsletters and watch e-mail closely as Gift Cert sales are usully gone in the blink of any eye, someones only 12hrs long.

5. Likes SWETM, scv2005 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

only way to get a discount on a Rupes.

And that goes for most tools.

What most people don't know is there's very little profit in tools after all the other costs of running a business is factored in. Employee costs, electric bill, real-estate costs and a long list of overhead. I don't work in sales at all but I know there's simply very little profit made when a tool is sold. Same goes for most big box stores like Lowe's and Home Depot, etc.

Kind of,

It is what it is...

7. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! Getting a pad heavy kit makes a lot of sense! I just don't see the need or value in having a bag, apron etc... Great info on the gift card! I really wasn't aware things don't go on sale much, I got 20% of my Nano locally without even asking, but maybe that's because they had only the long neck variant kit and had a few in stock? Or I was just in the right place at the right time. I am in no rush. I bought my PC a long long time ago I think when Autopia just started from Costal tools if I remember correctly, other than replacing the backing plate once it has just hummed along.
    Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scv2005 View Post
    Thanks everyone! Getting a pad heavy kit makes a lot of sense! I just don't see the need or value in having a bag, apron etc... Great info on the gift card! I really wasn't aware things don't go on sale much, I got 20% of my Nano locally without even asking, but maybe that's because they had only the long neck variant kit and had a few in stock? Or I was just in the right place at the right time. I am in no rush. I bought my PC a long long time ago I think when Autopia just started from Costal tools if I remember correctly, other than replacing the backing plate once it has just hummed along.
    Thanks again
    Autogeek/Autopia generally have sales every weekend, just the big Gift Cert opportunities Black Friday thru xmas only.

10. Thanks scv2005 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I will keep my eye out for one that includes Rupes!

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to start a debate, but there are many members on here having issues with their Rupes polishers dieing only after 1 year of use and spending even more money to get it fixed. I would expand your search to other brands until Rupes addresses these issues. It would suck to spend over $400 for a polisher that will give you a year and then you have to spend at least $95 to have it looked at. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Not trying to start a debate, but there are many members on here having issues with their Rupes polishers dieing only after 1 year of use and spending even more money to get it fixed. I would expand your search to other brands until Rupes addresses these issues. It would suck to spend over $400 for a polisher that will give you a year and then you have to spend at least $95 to have it looked at. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I have read many posts stating the same.

There are Rupes fans out there, and if they like the machines performance, that is great.

What scares me away from them are the numerous posts (most by reputable forum members) stating problems with them. The companies reply is to send it in & pay more.

Expensive machines to start, so for me that is a no go.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

14. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast