autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Mille May need service?

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I just can’t see myself paying their price and risking it going bad just past its warranty.
    Exactly this.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any other company that do have a lifetime warranty on electric power tools other than GG?

IMO this is something that's very rare and I have not seen anything close to this. Don't get me wrong I would likely take advantage of the lifetime warranty from GG. They just don't sell them in Sweden or make them in 220v-240v. And if you buy something from another country you often don't get any warranty at all. For an example I can buy a Flex polisher from Germany very easy and fast delivered to a much lower price than if I bought it here in Sweden. 30-40% cheaper is the useally difference between buying it in Germany vs Sweden. But then I don't get any warranty on it. And also and I'm not hundred procent certain that if I would buy it from AGO which has the Flex VRG3401 and PE-14 in 220v-240v. I would get any warranty on that polisher either.

If you have a detailing company and buy the polisher through it you get a good tax reduction on it. But the warranty is 1 year all over the products and maybe but very rare 2 years. When buying a polisher for home use you often gets 2 years warranty and sometimes 3 years. This is how it's in Sweden and most countries in the EU. I have not seen any electric power tool with a lifetime warranty here in Sweden or in EU.

The mark up price must be quite high too if it going to be good business. Cause they don't give away products. What if you would get the same polisher for half the price and 1-2 years warranty instead?

And also it's good business and get a high value of the customer service. To monitoring detailing forums and fix problems for the members on these kind of forums when something is wrong with their products. And also go that extra step to sort it out and get better reviews and comments on a great customer service. These things is just good business and nothing wrong with that and great for us as customers. But does all people beeing treated the same way. This got about polishers but you can transfer it to any other products I think.

GG warranty is awesome and Rupes did a very great thing to cover this reparation outside of the warranty.

3. Thanks The Guy thanked for this post
    Likes The Guy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I coulda tried one before buying my Griots. Would not mind paying their price but feared the stalling I read about and technique needed, especially being a noob.

Living in Washington and being able to hold a Griots and tried made a big difference for me quality machine and had no issues. Being able to drive 30-45 mins to get serviced made a huge impact in decision.

I’m sure nothing wrong with a Rupes and I’m sure in the hands of a pro it’s a scalpel. Just got to the Griots machine and the quality and performance will keep me coming back.

Another part of my decision tho was that I could not find to many people who disparage the Boss polishers.

I figure Rupes is like Polish Angel. Some people will tell you it’s overpriced junk, others will tell you it’s liquid gold for your car.

To each his own. Just like Lsp everyone will have their favorites and use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Yeah, I’m not hating either. They have fantastic machines that seem to be loved by everyone. I just can’t see myself paying their price and risking it going bad just past its warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Exactly this.
    My thoughts on this are below, but in short, the risks are very low for the average enthusiast doing just their own vehicles. The value of their machine however is huge by comparison as the Mille is to me near literally, a paint defect eraser. It absolutely will save you 40% in terms of time detailing. I know because I track my time on every job.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Is there any other company that do have a lifetime warranty on electric power tools other than GG?

IMO this is something that's very rare and I have not seen anything close to this. Don't get me wrong I would likely take advantage of the lifetime warranty from GG. They just don't sell them in Sweden or make them in 220v-240v. And if you buy something from another country you often don't get any warranty at all. For an example I can buy a Flex polisher from Germany very easy and fast delivered to a much lower price than if I bought it here in Sweden. 30-40% cheaper is the useally difference between buying it in Germany vs Sweden. But then I don't get any warranty on it. And also and I'm not hundred procent certain that if I would buy it from AGO which has the Flex VRG3401 and PE-14 in 220v-240v. I would get any warranty on that polisher either.

If you have a detailing company and buy the polisher through it you get a good tax reduction on it. But the warranty is 1 year all over the products and maybe but very rare 2 years. When buying a polisher for home use you often gets 2 years warranty and sometimes 3 years. This is how it's in Sweden and most countries in the EU. I have not seen any electric power tool with a lifetime warranty here in Sweden or in EU.

The mark up price must be quite high too if it going to be good business. Cause they don't give away products. What if you would get the same polisher for half the price and 1-2 years warranty instead?

And also it's good business and get a high value of the customer service. To monitoring detailing forums and fix problems for the members on these kind of forums when something is wrong with their products. And also go that extra step to sort it out and get better reviews and comments on a great customer service. These things is just good business and nothing wrong with that and great for us as customers. But does all people beeing treated the same way. This got about polishers but you can transfer it to any other products I think.

GG warranty is awesome and Rupes did a very great thing to cover this reparation outside of the warranty.
    Great post and I'll add this as the intent of the post wasn't to rally up haters or folks with bad experiences. It was to show how a good set of employees....I say that because in the communiciations, nothing was generic, I know the names, emails, etc of the Rupes folks involved (That's another HUGE point to consider)....but they all stepped up to take care of a customer. They don't know me in any way, to them I"m just a customer.

The point in regards to product failures.....If you're reading this and are just an average car-guy into polishing your own vehicles, there's near ZERO need to be concerned about a unit failing. The use you're going to have with it is maybe 1-2 perhaps 4-6 times per year on 1-2 of your own cars. I don't detail full-time but I average 1.5-2 cars per week thus this unit had far more use than the average home owner having fun detailing their own garage.

That said, I think even in my very first initial review of the Mille vs the 3401, I said it was clear the Mille was designed for Smooth Operation and speed where the Flex is a true "beast" and designed for durability and with better overall ergonomics. My two 3401's are still going strong and have only ever been oiled and had their backing plates replaced. Knock on wood.

In the end, I think it's stand up still of Rupes to check a basic $95 bench fee to fix the average guys unit outside warranty so if you encounter that need, put it in perspective. Just look at the shipping costs of sending a 10lb box into them.....and yet they cover that too. $95 is more than fair.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

7. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares, SWETM, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I agree and that's what it "sounds like" to my ears. I've contact Rupes and they make the process less painful. All depends on how much it costs in the end. I'm not sure if they will cover this under the flat $95 repair rate. I like that they cover shipping both ways which helps.

I'll make my determination of my continued purchasing of their items once I see the final bill and working tool. Initially I'm a bit surprised it only lasted 14 months. I've said it all along that I felt from my initial comparison between the Flex 3401 that the Mille was built for smooth operation but not durability. My Flex units are 2 and 4 years old and going extremely well. Zero issues.

ffwd to the future, should the Mille fail again within just a year or two, I'll likely forgo the second repair and simply buy another Flex. Time will tell.
    Dylan von will get you straight as he always does..and yes I've also told people it's not built strong like a 3401 nor a PO5000C
    Couple of guys I know that use them on boats, and they don't last
    Never really seen or heard of them failing with us detailers that do just cars though

9. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I wish I coulda tried one before buying my Griots. Would not mind paying their price but feared the stalling I read about and technique needed, especially being a noob.

Living in Washington and being able to hold a Griots and tried made a big difference for me quality machine and had no issues. Being able to drive 30-45 mins to get serviced made a huge impact in decision.

I’m sure nothing wrong with a Rupes and I’m sure in the hands of a pro it’s a scalpel. Just got to the Griots machine and the quality and performance will keep me coming back.

Another part of my decision tho was that I could not find to many people who disparage the Boss polishers.

I figure Rupes is like Polish Angel. Some people will tell you it’s overpriced junk, others will tell you it’s liquid gold for your car.

To each his own. Just like Lsp everyone will have their favorites and use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With your case Griot is way to go due to lifetime warranty
    If you're wanting a forced. Po5000c,Makita has service centers all over the place

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123