autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Mille May need service?

Couples additional added touches:

They gave me a new box packing my unit like it was brand new. This is nice as I tossed out the original Carton and had to use a generic Federal Express box to send the unit into them. All the paperwork with very detailed notes included as well.

They gave me a Rupes branded cord Clip to replace the generic one I included and finally they included a very nice hand written thank you note.

All very classy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, SWETM, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So that support is much like Apple can be at times. Product is super expensive, considered premium. It's out of warranty but you may still get lucky and they repair it for free. They seem to go above and beyond to make (at least some) customers happy.

I know some others didn't get the same treatment and either had to pay the flat fee to get it fixed or gave up on the machine/brand.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I know some others didn't get the same treatment and either had to pay the flat fee to get it fixed or gave up on the machine/brand.
    I think it boils down to what was wrong with the machine and perhaps how it was treated. I could be wrong, just guessing. I do understand them perhaps being unhappy though. I was completely open to perhaps it being something I might have to eat once....but like you noted, I probably wouldn't trust the brand. Only time will tell how it's built.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

The next thing you know they'll be offering lifetime warranties.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting up some feedback. I was waiting for the Rupes haters to jump in to detract from this thread.

Enjoy the newly built polisher.

7. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes TTQ B4U, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    The next thing you know they'll be offering lifetime warranties.
    That would make it more desirable in my opinion. For a pro that might make enough profit in one job to buy a polisher, the lifetime warranty may not be a huge deal, especially if many jobs were done with that machine. But for the person that only details his/her own vehicles, it’s a huge deal. You don’t want to buy a $400 polisher and use it once or twice in a year and then the warranty is up. So if it fails year 2 and you only detailed 2 or 3 cars with that machine, that price tag seems extremely expensive.
    Bruno Soares

9. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That would make it more desirable in my opinion. For a pro that might make enough profit in one job to buy a polisher, the lifetime warranty may not be a huge deal, especially if many jobs were done with that machine. But for the person that only details his/her own vehicles, it’s a huge deal. You don’t want to buy a $400 polisher and use it once or twice in a year and then the warranty is up. So if it fails year 2 and you only detailed 2 or 3 cars with that machine, that price tag seems extremely expensive.
    100% correct.

Not hating on Rupes, but as an enthusiast I would be pi$$ed at the price-to-usage failure ratio reported here, and on many other sites I have seen.

I am looking for performance/reliability/cost in ANY machine I purchase. And that includes vehicles, mowers, trimmers, pressure washers, leaf blowers, you name it.

Any of my above mentioned products that I have purchased have all had a satisfactory warranty. The least being 2 years.

No Rupes hating, just stating an undisputed fact.

That said, it is refreshing to read of TTQ's post. I hope the company can rectify these problems, and treat each customer the same way.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I’m not hating either. They have fantastic machines that seem to be loved by everyone. I just can’t see myself paying their price and risking it going bad just past its warranty. As an enthusiast I want to make sure my money will go to a machine that can be repaired, free of charge, for several years at least. Lifetime just happens to be even better. If Rupes ever made their warranty better, they’d also make my decision much harder.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I’m not hating either. They have fantastic machines that seem to be loved by everyone. I just can’t see myself paying their price and risking it going bad just past its warranty. As an enthusiast I want to make sure my money will go to a machine that can be repaired, free of charge, for several years at least. Lifetime just happens to be even better. If Rupes ever made their warranty better, they’d also make my decision much harder.
    The thing with me is this:

I love having the warranty as peace of mind, but not one of my other machines have ever failed me with core issues. I do extensive research before purchasing anything.

To be fair, I am a mechanic. But Truth is truth.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

14. Likes TTQ B4U, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since when has stating a fact considered being a "hater"? If a company produces trash and its consumers have issues with their products and voices their experiences, doesnt mean they are haters, it means they are pissed off about spending their hard earned money on something they felt was a good investment only to have it fail a year later.

If they company doesnt like its customers spreading the word about they trash, then they should spend more money on research, development, and quality control to prevent consumers from going through the additional stress.

Some may think of this as not a big deal, but time is money when running a business and if a detailer did not have an additional polisher, this could be the difference between a person feeding their family and a person not being able to pay their mortgage. Since it is happening so often, I hope Rupes and all manufacturers start paying closer attention to what they throw into the market before they actually launch products.

Just my opinion, not being a hater.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast