autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Polishers Help!

Ah, bless your heart. I've already asked you if you would sell your G15 3 times and no responses, perhaps you really love it but bashing it just to be "cool". If you hate it so much, then let it go.

Again, the fact that you need a machine to over come your horrendous technique speaks highly about you skillset. I dont even think you should be on this forum providing anyone advice if you feel machines outweigh the importance of good technique.

Like I said before, dont bash a brand because you are unable to use it properly due to your lack of skills, that is you YOUR problem, not the brand's.

This will be the last time I post to you because I wouldn't want you to feel like I'm "stalking" you too, but stop spreading horrible advice, it can be very dangerous for someone starting out because they feel they can buy the most expensive machine and not have to worry about technique at all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Polishers Help!

Sorry guys I don’t mean to hijack, but he said something about my Kia.Rupes Polishers  Help!lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

I know one thing If I was a Kia I would much rather be mine then yours.....
    As far as the Kia... I just washed mine this morning and it’s still looks like brand new in every way. And I still haven’t needed to polish it.Rupes Polishers  Help!

Didn’t you need to replace the front bumper and re paint your hood?

Not trying to pile on, but didn’t you also ruin your pillars?

Best bet for restoring damaged smooth black vinyl window pillars.

I don’t mess around and ruin the pillars on my Kia. I use the Right stuff.Rupes Polishers  Help!

50/50 shows the difference.

This is how the window trim on a Kia is supposed to look.Rupes Polishers  Help!

Lol. I’m just breaking your balls, kid. You kinda set yourself up for it.Rupes Polishers  Help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Yes! MarkIII 125% all day every day. It simply doesn't stall compared to any other long throw machine
    Does this go for both the Mark III's 15 and 21?

Post Thanks / Like

Let's post a challenge.... For those of you that like your $400 + polishers/buffers. Goto Amazon and and order a TCP Global Model EP-502-6" Variable Speed Random Orbit Dual-Action Polisher with a 6 Pad for $99.96 and use it on a paying clients car. Technique not machine right? lets see it with a $99 polisher.....

Tape off half the car right down the middle and use the cheap-o machine and compare it to your 3401 or your Mark III. I would love to see a professional do a comparison. If you "float" your polisher over the paint using the least amount of pressure, then torque should not be an issue. You need torque to overcome using too much pressure which stalls the rotation out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    Let's post a challenge.... For those of you that like your $400 + polishers/buffers. Goto Amazon and and order a TCP Global Model EP-502-6" Variable Speed Random Orbit Dual-Action Polisher with a 6 Pad for $99.96 and use it on a paying clients car. Technique not machine right? lets see it with a $99 polisher.....

Tape off half the car right down the middle and use the cheap-o machine and compare it to your 3401 or your Mark III. I would love to see a professional do a comparison. If you "float" your polisher over the paint using the least amount of pressure, then torque should not be an issue. You need torque to overcome using too much pressure which stalls the rotation out.
    Will a Toyota Corolla get you from point A to B, just like a Lexus wil.
    It's not a matter if the $99.96 polisher will get the job done. Do you want (can afford) to drive a Corolla or a Lexus? For me I like riding a Lexus.

6. Likes PaulMys, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Add in the time it takes to complete doing this test on a Mercedes Sedan or SUV and post up a time comparison to complete the entire vehicle and I bet you'll see why the difference in cost is there. It's like walking a 5k race vs running it. The time difference is the key. Do so on a 2-3 step job and it's VERY evident. Time is money even it's just your own personal car on the weekends.

Also, try polishing the bumpers and small areas with the two and tell me which one wants to make you blow your head off. Forced rotation machines will polishing anywhere you can touch or fit the pad. Not so with el-cheapo. No technique is going to allow 1/2 to 3/4 of the pad on a non forced rotation unit to correct with a darn as you move it around the contours of a bumper say one like this Jeep. A Flex or a Mille has no problem cutting through it fast.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Rupes Polishers Help!

I would like to see this square off myself

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by spanky1 View Post

Thanks Mike,

How would you compare the Flex-3401 to the Rupes Mille?

For most cars, if my goal is quality and speed, I would choose a gear-driven orbital over a free spinning orbital every time. There's two reasons for this. One reason is simply due to the benefit of constant pad rotation and oscillation with a gear-driven tool.

My own buffing style is to get the buffing done in the least amount of time, not the most amount of time.

Between the two options you mention - I tend to like 8mm gear-driven over 5mm gear-driven. I find it faster and at least for me, more comfortable to operate for hours over a multiple body panel styles.

My current favorite is the cordless version, what I call the CBEAST. The freedom of no cord, no extension cord trumps the higher rpm and power provided by the corded version of the FLEX.

FWIW

And the above is from a guy that teaches all the tools in all my classes including the boat detailing class we hold once a year in February.

And here's an interesting class I taught in 2018

Gear-Driven Orbital Polisher History by Mike Phillips

This picture is from a class I taught at Mobile Tech Expo last year titled,

Polishing tools past, present and future: Old and new technology reviewed and showcased

Here's some reviews you can wade through....

Review: RUPES Mark III BigFoot 21 Polisher by Mike Phillips

NEW FLEX Cordless 3401 aka the FLEX Cordless BEAST!

FLEX 3401 or RUPES? - A question I get asked a lot! -Mike Phillips

Review: RUPES BIGFOOT MILLE LK 900E by Mike Phillips

Review: Makita PO5000C Orbital Polisher - Gear-driven and Free Spinning - Mike Phillips

Video Review: The FLEX XFE7-15 Long Stroke Orbital Polisher - The Finisher!

New Flex Tool XFE 7 - 15mm Long Stroke Free Spinning Orbital Polisher

10. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123