autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

New to Rupes - Trigger Pull Question

Quote Originally Posted by gofast182 View Post

I just unboxed the Rupes and notice at the end of the trigger pull there's a clicking noise and you can feel it as you approach the end of the trigger's travel. It doesn't feel good/right to me but maybe it's supposed to be that way?

Thanks.
    Sorry - I just shipped all the Mark III polishers I have in the garage to Texas for a Roadshow Class.

When I get to Texas this coming Friday to unpack and setup the class I’ll pull the trigger on a Mark III and tell yo what I hear.

2. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to Rupes - Trigger Pull Question

Just used mine today and checked it. My trigger is smooth all the way through. I have no resistance or clicking on mine. I would contact the place she got it from or Rupes. It shouldn’t be a problem sending it back for repair or getting it replaced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Not nearly as useless as your post. At least I had something to say about the great gift he received. It's a major improvement in the long throw class. I also own a Rupes MarkIII and its a wonderful machine that doesn't stall. I know he'll be happy with it.

Unfortunately I don't any information about the trigger pull issue. At least my information was relevant to the thread unlike your post which was completely worthless. Is this what you do now? Follow me around threads to criticize my posts?

How about you leave me alone and stop stalking me around the forum? Get over it and move on with your life.

I'm not going to report you but if I did I would be well within my rights.
    Stalking you?

Ok, angry little guy. I'll "get over it and move on with my life". SMH
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I'll probably put it on graigslist its in brand new condition. I barely even used it. I felt bad buying another one until I got the new machine and found out it was justified.
    So do you own a Mark III? Do you know for a fact that it does not stall on curves?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok...you in this corner and you in that corner, this could turn into a Beadmaker thread, or a mf towel thread, or a.....New to Rupes - Trigger Pull QuestionNew to Rupes - Trigger Pull QuestionNew to Rupes - Trigger Pull Question

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ok...you in this corner and you in that corner, this could turn into a Beadmaker thread, or a mf towel thread, or a.....New to Rupes - Trigger Pull QuestionNew to Rupes - Trigger Pull QuestionNew to Rupes - Trigger Pull Question

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, no corners.

Just a reminder for a member that needs to be a little more polite and thoughtful with his posts.

Which, by the way, I have high hopes for.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish Auto View Post
    Just used mine today and checked it. My trigger is smooth all the way through. I have no resistance or clicking on mine. I would contact the place she got it from or Rupes. It shouldn’t be a problem sending it back for repair or getting it replaced.
    This is the post I've been waiting for. Thank you. Hopefully this will be a smooth and fast exchange transaction with Autogeek as I've been anxious to use the tool but decided not to in case this wasn't normal.

For something you adjust/modulate frequently it didn't seem right that Rupes would have the user keep crossing over a click or detent in travel of the trigger.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the post I've been waiting for. Thank you. Hopefully this will be a smooth and fast exchange transaction with Autogeek as I've been anxious to use the tool but decided not to in case this wasn't normal.

For something you adjust/modulate frequently it didn't seem right that Rupes would have the user keep crossing over a click or detent in travel of the trigger.

Glad to help. Autogeek is pretty good. So you should have no problems swapping it out. You will love it once you get it straightened out and actually get to use it. They really are good machines. Just contact them as soon as you can about the issue and I think you’ll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Turns out my wife got it from Amazon who fulfilled the order via detailerdomain. She has made initial contact for the return/exchange. Hopefully they don't give us grief.

I just got a big Autogeek box with my Rupes pads and Polish Angel ceramic coating. It's hard to resist trying it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Turns out my wife got it from Amazon who fulfilled the order via detailerdomain. She has made initial contact for the return/exchange. Hopefully they don't give us grief.

I just got a big Autogeek box with my Rupes pads and Polish Angel ceramic coating. It's hard to resist trying it out.
    If you have any trouble through amazon try going directly through Rupes. But I don’t think you will have a problem getting it sorted. I say it is. It shouldn’t take too long to everything straightened out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast