autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Rupes DIED!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Rupes DIED!!

Hmmm. Maybe I should go whirlpool
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm gonna catch a lot of heat for this. It's just like comparing harbor freight. Harbor freight is like the ghettos bootleg man. They take someone else products have it made overseas then sell it cheap here then push off their warranty. I understand people want to save money but I mean don't get fooled by the corporate bootleg man selling warranties to get you to buy. Research the brand and see what there track record is if they're known for a long lasting and you're all set.

YouTube

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I sell hand held battery powered friction weld strapping tools and none of them have more than a 1 year warranty, it's pretty standard in our industry. They also cost a lot more than a polisher. I'm taking one to a cusitmer in a couple hours, $2,800.00 and that's the cheap knock off made over seas. The top of the line would be $3,800.00. One year warranty on the tool, 90 days labor.
    I don't know if the US has a legal warranty policy, but here in Canada, we do. So even if the manufacturer says 1 year warranty, you can sue them if it breaks in an unreasonable amount of time. Let me give you an exemple, let's say you purchase a fridge and it breaks after 2 years, and the manufacturer had a 1 year warranty on it. If you go to court, they will force the manufacturer to pay for the repair, because 2 years is not a reasonable amount of time for something that is supposed to work for a lot more than 10 years.

So for the tools you are selling for 3K, I would argue that it is not reasonable either to expect them to only work for 1 year without issues. It might be more difficult to judge for pro tools since they can be submited to more abuse than consumer goods, but still, tools generally last several years at least, not just a year.

People were talking about Samsung appliances earlier, and I know that they have had some serious reliability issues. I am sure there were several verdicts against them to force them to pick up the tab for repairs here in Canada. Here is some info regarding this for my home province: The Legal Warranty: Automatic Protection for Consumers | Educaloi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prin View Post
    So, my new Mille decided to stop working today during a detail on a black car!!! It seems to be either the trigger or the speed selector. Now, it wont work at all. Do any of you have any suggestions?
    Sorry to hear this! RUPES warranties all of their professional products for 1 year from the date of sale. Warranty is carried out in the same factory in the USA that a number of RUPES tools are birthed from and shipping is covered both ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I don't know if the US has a legal warranty policy, but here in Canada, we do. So even if the manufacturer says 1 year warranty, you can sue them if it breaks in an unreasonable amount of time. Let me give you an exemple, let's say you purchase a fridge and it breaks after 2 years, and the manufacturer had a 1 year warranty on it. If you go to court, they will force the manufacturer to pay for the repair, because 2 years is not a reasonable amount of time for something that is supposed to work for a lot more than 10 years.

So for the tools you are selling for 3K, I would argue that it is not reasonable either to expect them to only work for 1 year without issues. It might be more difficult to judge for pro tools since they can be submited to more abuse than consumer goods, but still, tools generally last several years at least, not just a year.

People were talking about Samsung appliances earlier, and I know that they have had some serious reliability issues. I am sure there were several verdicts against them to force them to pick up the tab for repairs here in Canada. Here is some info regarding this for my home province: The Legal Warranty: Automatic Protection for Consumers | Educaloi

In theory no company really has to offer a warranty at all in the USA, they can always sell "as is" and "buyer assumes all resposibility". Lots of used cars are sold that way here in the states.

The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act (P.L. 93-637) is a United States federal law (15 U.S.C. § 2301 et seq.). Enacted in 1975, the federal statute governs warranties on consumer products. The law does not require any product to have a warranty (it may be sold "as is"), but if it does have a warranty, the warranty must comply with this law. The law was created to fix problems as a result of manufacturers using disclaimers on warranties in an unfair or misleading manner.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I sell hand held battery powered friction weld strapping tools and none of them have more than a 1 year warranty, it's pretty standard in our industry. They also cost a lot more than a polisher. I'm taking one to a cusitmer in a couple hours, $2,800.00 and that's the cheap knock off made over seas. The top of the line would be $3,800.00. One year warranty on the tool, 90 days labor.
    These tools are used in heavy industrial strapping applications and take a ton of abuse, so a 1 year warranty is more than reasonable. Some machines I sell only come with 90 day warranties and some as much as 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And I've had nothing but issues with every Samsung appliance I ever bought. Two refrigerators, junk. Washing machines, junk. Three basket replacements. Dishwasher, junk. Broken door hinges, clogged filters etc. Thankfully I always buy the geek squad protection at Best Buy or I would have been SOL.
    I was warned off of Samsung by someone I trust, and I am glad. I warned another friend, but he bought a fridge and washer dryer set made by Samsung anyway. almost 4k for all. His washer broke within 4 months, the fridge lasted just under a year, and he now says his dryer is "having this burning smell".

That is some pretty bad stuff.

Conversely, I have had 2 Samsung TV's for years, and they are great.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

My Rupes DIED!!

Yeah I steer clear of Samsung appliances as well because I heard the same things

I may consider whirlpool or something else.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I was warned off of Samsung by someone I trust, and I am glad. I warned another friend, but he bought a fridge and washer dryer set made by Samsung anyway. almost 4k for all. His washer broke within 4 months, the fridge lasted just under a year, and he now says his dryer is "having this burning smell".

That is some pretty bad stuff.

Conversely, I have had 2 Samsung TV's for years, and they are great.
    The burning smell is from lint build up near the dryer heating coil. He needs to clean that asap, it can cause a fire. My coil burnt out and I replaced it myself with the help of you tube video. I couldn't believe the amount of lint built up outside of the lint trap. It was every where throughout the entire machine.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

The burning smell is from lint build up near the dryer heating coil. He needs to clean that asap, it can cause a fire. My coil burnt out and I replaced it myself with the help of you tube video. I couldn't believe the amount of lint built up outside of the lint trap. It was every where throughout the entire machine.
    This is VERY true.

But he says it's more of an ozone (electrical) burning smell. Needless to say, he stopped using it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast