autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LH19E Rotary review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jim

2. Thanks DBAILEY thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a pic next to a PC for referemce. My PE8 is MIA currently.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

So.................the question is..............................when will this be in stock, ready to ship?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xabo View Post
    So.................the question is..............................when will this be in stock, ready to ship?

Should be soon. Other places have it already.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Update:

I have put this machine thru the paces and have logged some serious hours on it. At this point I feel there are zero reliability issues with this machine. I just keeps going and going.

Both the stick handle(which I don’t see for sale anywhere yet) (got mine direct from Rupes) and the included D handle are extremely nice and really keep the fatigue factor a nonissue after hours of constant polishing. I personally would like to see the palm rest of the machine just a little bit bigger or fatter. I have large hands and it is a bit small for me but still comfortable to use should you not opt for the stick or loop handles. But this is just like their other polishers so I’m sure they chose the specific ergonomics for a reason.

This machine has plenty of power. I have compounded with 7.5 inch wool and had zero issues. On the flip side, I have used 2 inch pads and had precise control.

The ultra light weight is really nice. We often see people trying or demonstrating polishers on a hood. The reality is most buffing is done on side panels where you have to support 100% of the weight of the polisher and this is where light weight really shines especially by the time you hit the last panel.

The trigger is just simply amazing and my favorite feature. It is comfortable to use for extended periods without the trigger lock on. It allows ultra precise speed control below the 450RPM range.

I am very happy with this machine.

I often get asked which machine is better, this or the Flex PE14. Honestly both are awesome machines and there is absolutely no wrong answer there. I will say that the trigger is superior on the Rupes.

Thanks for reading.
    Jim

7. Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post
    Likes mbkite, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Both the stick handle(which I don’t see for sale anywhere yet) (got mine direct from Rupes)"

I've been trying to get one from Rupes, but they keep telling me I have to go through a distributor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Update:

I have put this machine thru the paces and have logged some serious hours on it. At this point I feel there are zero reliability issues with this machine. I just keeps going and going.

Both the stick handle(which I don’t see for sale anywhere yet) (got mine direct from Rupes) and the included D handle are extremely nice and really keep the fatigue factor a nonissue after hours of constant polishing. I personally would like to see the palm rest of the machine just a little bit bigger or fatter. I have large hands and it is a bit small for me but still comfortable to use should you not opt for the stick or loop handles. But this is just like their other polishers so I’m sure they chose the specific ergonomics for a reason.

This machine has plenty of power. I have compounded with 7.5 inch wool and had zero issues. On the flip side, I have used 2 inch pads and had precise control.

The ultra light weight is really nice. We often see people trying or demonstrating polishers on a hood. The reality is most buffing is done on side panels where you have to support 100% of the weight of the polisher and this is where light weight really shines especially by the time you hit the last panel.

The trigger is just simply amazing and my favorite feature. It is comfortable to use for extended periods without the trigger lock on. It allows ultra precise speed control below the 450RPM range.

I am very happy with this machine.

I often get asked which machine is better, this or the Flex PE14. Honestly both are awesome machines and there is absolutely no wrong answer there. I will say that the trigger is superior on the Rupes.

Thanks for reading.
    What backing plate are you using for the 2 inch pads? CarPro is now selling the Rupes wool pads in 3 inch and 2 inch sizes. I guess AG will catch up soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    What backing plate are you using for the 2 inch pads? CarPro is now selling the Rupes wool pads in 3 inch and 2 inch sizes. I guess AG will catch up soon.

FLEX Rotary Backing Plates 1, 2, 3 Inch Diameter
    Jim

11. Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point this is my “Go To” Rotary. I find myself reaching for this over the Flex. The trigger is so well thought out both in ergonomics and functionality.

Handles both the heavy cutting and the ultra finishing steps really well.
    Jim

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    At this point this is my “Go To” Rotary. I find myself reaching for this over the Flex. The trigger is so well thought out both in ergonomics and functionality.

Handles both the heavy cutting and the ultra finishing steps really well.
    Nice to hear that the rotary works great for you.

How do you think this trigger will work on the mkIII longthrows?

I'm torn between the rotary polisher and a mkIII longthrow polisher. The problem I have is physically and is sensitive to both vibrations and how much it's wearing the muscles. Less vibrations goes to the rotary and the less wear on muscles I think goes to the longthrows.
    How is it with polishing with the Rupes rotary on the muscle wearing in your opinion vs a longthrow polisher?

Have used the Rupes rotary pads yet?

/ Tony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast