autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
  1. #21
    Senior Member BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone excited for the MK3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    There is some changes such as remapping of the ECU, but the biggest difference is going to be in the trigger/cord/ergonomics.

    When the ES tool first came out, the amount of torque was carefully chosen because RUPES created and innovated a new market. The number of technicians using a long-throw DA was near zero. Torque was selected to help maintain pad life in the brand new market.

    As skill levels increased, we increased power, to give the users more options and flexibility.

    With any long-throw DA, foam pads are highly stressed. The pad is sandwiched between a backing plate moving in very rapid circles and the again the paint which friction locks the pad to.... Increasing the energy through the pad decreases its life.

    Going with even more power in the MKIII wouldn't serve much of a purpose other than to shorter the pad life more. Most technicians and users are getting great results on speed 2-4 as their skill level and familiarity with this style of tool increase.

    RUPES has a great relationship with many of our customers and we listen to feedback. The Mark III is our response to their requests.

    Both Mark II and Mark III are going to get you from A-to-B in about the same time, the biggest difference is Mark III will do it with better ergonomics and control.
    Thanks for the info, fair enough. The progressive trigger would be a welcome plus, save my uncoordinated monkey-paws from fumbling with speed dial at beginning of section, especially on vertical panels where I'm sometimes in less than desirable positions and the more rounded ergonomics would be welcome as well...but likely not enough to justify cost of upgrade for me.

    Yet.

    Somehow those XMAS gift certificate sales have a way of making me do fiscally imprudent things, just for the sake of doing them. Must stay strong.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,007
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone excited for the MK3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    I totally understand your frustration! There are so many RUPES fans (and general consumers) who really want the rotary polisher and have been waiting patiently for the rotary, and understandably their frustration is wearing quite thin.

    One of the reasons why RUPES has so many fans and people interested in the rotary is our commitment to quality. Both the LHR15 and 21 (ES and MKII) maintain a less than 1% warranty repair rate. We feel RUPES customers have the right to expect this quality and we want to make sure we deliver. The alternative is move to market quickly to satisfy demand, but this can lead to many issues.

    We definitely understand your frustration and we are sorry. It has been a decision to make sure that when the rotary is delivered it will be of the upmost quality and worthy of the RUPES name.
    Is there a problem with the Rupes LH19E rotary polisher 230v? It has been available in the EU for over a year now. Or is it a problem with the 110v version or the production in the US of them? I'm very close to get the LH19E rotary polisher 230v. Waited for the annoncement at SEMA what new polishers was released. Maybe I should be waiting on the mkIII or go with another brand of rotary polisher.

  3. Likes Dan Tran liked this post
  4. #23
    Senior Member Todd@RUPES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando/Oviedo
    Posts
    402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone excited for the MK3?

    Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Is there a problem with the Rupes LH19E rotary polisher 230v? It has been available in the EU for over a year now. Or is it a problem with the 110v version or the production in the US of them? I'm very close to get the LH19E rotary polisher 230v. Waited for the annoncement at SEMA what new polishers was released. Maybe I should be waiting on the mkIII or go with another brand of rotary polisher.
    The LH19's are rolling into the distributors as we speak and another huge amount is on a boat crossing the ocean right now.

  5. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, DaveT435, dlc95 liked this post
  6. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone excited for the MK3?

    Thanks Todd for your help!

    I'm eyeing the 15mk3!
    Brandon Visser | 269-569-1900 | b5visser@live.com
    Owner/Appearance Specialist | @domainappearance

  7. #25
    Senior Member Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NE PA
    Posts
    3,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone excited for the MK3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    I totally understand your frustration! There are so many RUPES fans (and general consumers) who really want the rotary polisher and have been waiting patiently for the rotary, and understandably their frustration is wearing quite thin.

    One of the reasons why RUPES has so many fans and people interested in the rotary is our commitment to quality. Both the LHR15 and 21 (ES and MKII) maintain a less than 1% warranty repair rate. We feel RUPES customers have the right to expect this quality and we want to make sure we deliver. The alternative is move to market quickly to satisfy demand, but this can lead to many issues.

    We definitely understand your frustration and we are sorry. It has been a decision to make sure that when the rotary is delivered it will be of the upmost quality and worthy of the RUPES name.

    Thanks for chiming in, Todd. I agree with putting the best product possible out and waiting for all the fine tuning.
    It I just disheartening to people to have something that looks great to keep getting pushed back time and time again. A) it looks like you are unprepared and unorganized. B) makes me question the basic design as maybe a flaw was found and the engineers are scrambling to find a fix while still trying to keep showcased features. Inturn that makes me question the final products quality.

    I feel it would be wiser for a company to hold off on announcements until the design is finalized and production has started. I feel the need to push new products at SEMA is kind of to blame here. This rotary was shown 2 SEMA shows ago and still not out!

    Just giving my view as a consumer respectfully.
    Jim

  8. Likes SNP209, WRAPT C5Z06 liked this post
  9. #26
    Senior Member Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NE PA
    Posts
    3,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone excited for the MK3?

    The Rotary is out at some distributors already. Mine is on its way. Surprised AG doesn’t have them already or are maybe filling pre orders first. We’ll see how this machine is soon.
    Jim

  10. Likes SWETM liked this post
  11. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone excited for the MK3?

    Anyone here tested the Mk3? It is available next week here in Finland and id like to to update my 15 and 21 mk2, but havent heard any real life experiences. I sure like the new optics and erconomics better.

  12. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone excited for the MK3?

    Sold my mk2's and got mk3's yesterday. I love em. Feels more sophisticated and more torque. Then again mk2 is still a great machine. When i put it on air in can feel the difference of rpm between settings five.and six. On mk2 there was hardly any dfference.

  13. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    12,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone excited for the MK3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post
    Sold my mk2's and got mk3's yesterday. I love em. Feels more sophisticated and more torque. Then again mk2 is still a great machine. When i put it on air in can feel the difference of rpm between settings five.and six. On mk2 there was hardly any dfference.
    It shouldn't have anymore torque than an MK 2.
    '03 Corvette Z06

  14. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    707
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone excited for the MK3?

    Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    It shouldn't have anymore torque than an MK 2.


    “Improved efficiency gaurantees more power and torque”.

    Rupes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. Thanks Joel1979 thanked for this post
    Likes Joel1979 liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone excited about the new NFL season?
    By PaulMys in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-22-2016, 07:53 AM
  2. Anybody else excited for this weekend???
    By CaneCharger in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 01:02 PM
  3. Was so excited...
    By row011 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 11:13 AM
  4. Excited about little stuff
    By phoneguy44 in forum Auto Detailing Tools and Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 10:45 PM

Members who have read this thread: 183

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» April 2019

S M T W T F S
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1234