autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Keramik (yellow) dust

Kevin Brown has some interesting thinking of the way to polish curved and concave panels. Don't know if it's in this video they mentioned it. But the polisher spinns easier if the center of the pad is the part that touching the paint the most. So try to level the polisher as flat as possible on the curved panels and follow the curves with it leveled on the center of the pad. If that makes any sense LOL. The concave panels is the hardest to keep the pad spinning for me. And I experiment with tilting the polisher and get to the part from different ways so I get a feel and see if I maintain the pad spinning. Their is some trick I think Mike Phillips has when going to rised panel parts. Where I think he gets the pad spinning in the wrong direction for a while. Have not tried this my self but anyone else maybe shaim in and explain it thoroughly.

About the dusting. Could it be that you did not got the pad clean enough from the last time you polished? And do the dusting begins in the 2-3 first passes per sections?

YouTube

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the dust begins in first few passes...after adding some more Keramik and after pad soften a little not so much dust bit still some especially when hit "sharp" end of panel (the place where one panel ended and other start - how to explain better :-)) - it seems that end of panel tends to clean the pad with its "sharp" part.
    As for pad spinning - agreed it have to be find best possible way to "attack" - until now I was thinking that all the time pad must be in full contact with panel - it can on flat ones but on tight and curved ones if it is in full contact machine just vibrate and pad not spinning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ARTB155 View Post
    Yes, the dust begins in first few passes...after adding some more Keramik and after pad soften a little not so much dust bit still some especially when hit "sharp" end of panel (the place where one panel ended and other start - how to explain better :-)) - it seems that end of panel tends to clean the pad with its "sharp" part.
    As for pad spinning - agreed it have to be find best possible way to "attack" - until now I was thinking that all the time pad must be in full contact with panel - it can on flat ones but on tight and curved ones if it is in full contact machine just vibrate and pad not spinning
    I would look over the cleaning of the pad. What is your process to clean the pads?

Yeah it takes some time behind the polisher to get it to spinn the most. I'm no pro and very little polishing experience. But I think it's going better and better to get the feel how it behaves. The Kevin Brown and Larry Kosilla Youtube video I linked. Got me to think of it differently. It's not always you have a 2×2 section that is flat and squered evenly. And not much videos on how to tackle the more curved and uneven panels. There is just to do what works best for you and try different approaches.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ARTB155 View Post
    still some especially when hit "sharp" end of panel (the place where one panel ended and other start - how to explain better :-)) - it seems that end of panel tends to clean the pad with its "sharp" part.
    I understand what you mean. That has happened with me. It may help to tape over the gap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12