autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Mille vs 3401 - UPDATED Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Indeed. Todd did suggest yellow or UHS for finishing. Blue and green combos for more cut. White wasn't mentioned for OEM Soft.

Could be personal preference for Dylan.
    I've not had great luck with the green pads and longevity on the Mille. Two bit the dust so I've added several more and will see if changing them out on every panel or 2 per hood, etc. just way more often helps. I think the build up of heat and softening of them combined with torque is hard on the thicker size foam that clearly isn't as durable as a Lake Country Hybrid Force type pad.

I've had a couple UHS Pad bite it too. Here's what they end up looking like. Maybe a bit harder to see here in pics as they look worse in person. The older pads seem to be more ragged around the edges sort of like I was clipping emblems or sharp objects but I have not. The foam pores also seem stretched and deformed a bit.

Green Pad New - tight and very uniform:

Green Pad Older - ragged and pores are deformed....more visible here on the left side

UHS New - uniform and more consistent

UHS Pad Older - again, ragged around edges and loss of density

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Thanks Rsurfer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How does the Millie pads hold up?

Post Thanks / Like

Which of the LC purple wool pads are you useing? The thicker one or the thin one? And have you tried them on the mille too?

As I have understand it it's important to prime the green rupes pad as they recommend. Don't know the exact way to do it but it's you are running the pad on the same spot for a while before you start to polish. Could be the same with the UHS pad too. The green rupes pad is known for start to degrade very fast. Don't know if the prime is getting you a big difference to the longevity of the pad though.

Have you tried the Mille with any other of the thin pads that are out there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    How does the Millie pads hold up?
    So far the yellow and white pads are holding up fine but honestly I've used the UHS ones the most as that system has worked pretty well. I didn't see any noticable difference in how the green pads performed or finished out vs the UHS so i started using both.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Which of the LC purple wool pads are you useing? The thicker one or the thin one? And have you tried them on the mille too?
    I use the Lake Country Purple Foamed Wool Pad and then also their blue wool ones. I use the purple wool ones on the flex mainly because I use 6" pads and the appropriate backing plate on the Flex. On the Mille I run 5" ones and a smaller backing plate. The blue wool ones I run on the Mille as they are sized for my set up and backing plate.

As I have understand it it's important to prime the green rupes pad as they recommend. Don't know the exact way to do it but it's you are running the pad on the same spot for a while before you start to polish. Could be the same with the UHS pad too. The green rupes pad is known for start to degrade very fast. Don't know if the prime is getting you a big difference to the longevity of the pad though.
    I'll review it again, although I do tend to follow that process with them.

Have you tried the Mille with any other of the thin pads that are out there?
    No.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohh I saw that the LC purple foam wool pad was with 6". And the thin ones is 5" and 3 1/2" only. Would be very interesting to see how the thin one does on the Mille. I see more here in Sweden uses those short haired wool pads and those has a foam interface. The LC technology to get the wool attached is a cool way of doing it. And would like to try them out.

Lake Country Thin Foamed Wool Pads

Thanks for shareing your experience with the Mille and answers all the questions we have! It stands between the Mille and the LH19E rotary polisher which I will get next.

/Tony

8. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Ohh I saw that the LC purple foam wool pad was with 6". And the thin ones is 5" and 3 1/2" only. Would be very interesting to see how the thin one does on the Mille. I see more here in Sweden uses those short haired wool pads and those has a foam interface. The LC technology to get the wool attached is a cool way of doing it. And would like to try them out.
    The ones I use both purple and blue area awesome. My go-to cutting pad for bad paint. Combined with ClearCut and 3 passes can fully correct bad paint and honestly they finish out great. Just a very light if that haze that there too, just 2-3 passes with a polishing pad on the Mille and perfection is achieved. Huge time saver.

Lake Country Thin Foamed Wool Pads

Thanks for shareing your experience with the Mille and answers all the questions we have! It stands between the Mille and the LH19E rotary polisher which I will get next.

Tony
    Happy to pay-forward all the community here has provided me.

10. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else have experience with the Millie?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Have used my Mille on a number of details since starting this thread. Brief thought
    that wasn't all that bried....and I thank you for that!!

I'm sure there's more but it's late and I'm tired. Hope the above helps.
    Helps a ton. Thanks for the additional sharing.

I've had a couple UHS Pad bite it too. Here's what they end up looking like. Maybe a bit harder to see here in pics
    Not at all. Very clear to see. I haven't had that happen too much myself, but i've seen it a few times.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Anyone else have experience with the Millie?
    What exactly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    What exactly
    Compared to the 3401, now that the Millie has been out for awhile.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast