autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Initial Impressions of Mille vs Flex 3401

After 35 years of using a rotary the Flex 3401 is far from feeling like a beast.
    I definitely enjoy the 3401.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your review. I have the Flex 3401 and have been using for quite some time. I love it. No reason for me to get another one. As for use, ergonomics, walking and counter clockwise rotation is not a factor for me. I am very used to it. I use ear plugs too and that really helps reduce "fatigue" IMO. The Flex is a beast.

All that being said I am very happy that Rupes has brought their "Forced Rotation" DA to the market as Flex brought out their "Free Float" DA to the market. All this does is BENEFIT the end user! We now have choices in what products we can use to become BETTER at our craft.

REGARDLESS if you go with the Flex or the Rupes, it's a win for us.....PERIOD! Keep on Rocking!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

3. Likes DaveT435, FrankS, osiapstndp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The counter clockwise rotation of the 3401 was never an issue for me either.

My complaint was how slow the pad moved at speed 6. I've since altered my product ratios, and can now utilize speeds 4 and 5 to get serious work done.

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE:

I found a strong potential buyer for my Mille who should I choose not to keep it has made me a fair offer. That said, I've ordered up some Rupes White and Yellow Pads as he would also take those should I choose to sell. I'm going to give those pads a try even though I'm against and not happy with having two complete systems. I want to do this to give the unit a fair shake and so that as I continue to grow I'm not pinned into just one manufacturer.

If I like it I may just keep it as my son (age 15) who does help me on weekends is not a fan of the Flex and prefers to use an altnerative grip when polishing. This way perhaps I can do the compounding with Purple Wool on the Flex and he can polish with the Mille and the White pads. Something like that.

More updates next week as I'm not planning on doing anything behind a buffer until then.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes SWETM, osiapstndp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    UPDATE:

I found a strong potential buyer for my Mille who should I choose not to keep it has made me a fair offer. That said, I've ordered up some Rupes White and Yellow Pads as he would also take those should I choose to sell. I'm going to give those pads a try even though I'm against and not happy with having two complete systems. I want to do this to give the unit a fair shake and so that as I continue to grow I'm not pinned into just one manufacturer.

If I like it I may just keep it as my son (age 15) who does help me on weekends is not a fan of the Flex and prefers to use an altnerative grip when polishing. This way perhaps I can do the compounding with Purple Wool on the Flex and he can polish with the Mille and the White pads. Something like that.

More updates next week as I'm not planning on doing anything behind a buffer until then.
    Thank you for the review and update. I'm still on the fence about the Rupes, but your input (and others in this thread) has me leaning toward sticking with my 3401. My next machine purchase will likely be the Flex XFE 7-12, even if I decide to try the Mille.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    UPDATE:

That’s awesome that your son helps you. I hope that time will come when my daughters get a little older. Would love to have that time with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review and input! I a 3401 that spends most of the time in the bag. Every now and then I try it again and just doesn't do it for me like my Duetto and G21 do. But it's a good back up just in case!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12