autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LHR15ES stopped working

As Paul Harvey used to say “now for the rest of the story”. Yes I’m old.

2. Likes Eldorado2k, dlc95, DaveT435, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    Couple of odd things going on here that need clarification -

1) That is an orange trigger tool, so it couldn't only be "a couple" (I take that to mean 2) years old. The last of the orange triggers were 2014 models. At best its 4 years old now.
    2) We don't deny coverage over the phone - if a proper repair request is submitted via the website (rupesusa.com/repairs) then it comes in for a quote at least. At 4+ years old it would be outside of warranty, but then for something like this it would be covered for a flat rate repair ($85 including shipping) unless you are outside of the continental USA. In that case it would be shipping at your expense, then $85 for the parts/labor

Did you submit a repair request?
    Who told yo we wouldn't fix it? We'll fix any tool... whether or not its FOC or at your expense is really the only variable.

I apologize for not being here to answer this sooner - I rarely log onto the forum anymore, so if you need support directly email me (dylanv@rupesusa.com) or our main office email info@rupesusa.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    As Paul Harvey used to say “now for the rest of the story”. Yes I’m old.
    Just so you know, Autogeek still sells the Rupes 21 (original version), so it is not impossible that the OP did just purchase the machine a "couple" years ago or even today even though the original version was produced back in 2014.

Rupes LHR 21ES Big Foot Random Orbital Polisher, rupes car polisher

BMWgeek, did you get the machine fixed? If so, what did they replace and how is it holding up?
    "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Post Thanks / Like

I sent it to Rupes and paid that one price thing and they fixed it. Looks like brand new now they replaced quite a few parts, cord some housing parts and shipped back to me in a new packing box.

Post Thanks / Like

Would you care to elaborate on the difference between "Rupes won't fix it, I talked to them already.", and your most recent experience. Did you really mean to say Rupes wouldn't fix it free of charge, or they simply wouldn't fix it? I'm not trying to indict you or Rupes, I just want to understand since I'm considering a Rupes purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgeek View Post
    I sent it to Rupes and paid that one price thing and they fixed it. Looks like brand new now they replaced quite a few parts, cord some housing parts and shipped back to me in a new packing box.
    Great. I just shipped mine off today. It seems the electronic module is bad as the machine hums when pressing the button and every now and then it would start and then stop, but while it's running it would modulate on settings 4-6. I'm still kind off pissed because I only used the machine about 6 times. I had to resort to, as someone else puts it - "ole faithful (the Porter Cable) - to do my vehicle. Btw, they increased the price by $10 now. What was your turn around time? Did they list the items replaced?

Thanks...
    "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    Great. I just shipped mine off today. It seems the electronic module is bad as the machine hums when pressing the button and every now and then it would start and then stop, but while it's running it would modulate on settings 4-6. I'm still kind off pissed because I only used the machine about 6 times. I had to resort to, as someone else puts it - "ole faithful (the Porter Cable) - to do my vehicle. Btw, they increased the price by $10 now. What was your turn around time? Did they list the items replaced?

Thanks...

Update: Rupes repaired my machine free of charge. I don't know why, but can only assume that once they saw it and realized that it was practically brand new with little use that they decided to fix it under warranty. I did not question them and happy to have my machine back working. They replaced the brushes, modules, cord and a few other smaller things. They even gave me a cool little Rupes Bigfoot key chain.

8. Likes SWETM, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad they got it fixed. I have a Bigfoot 21 which has had very light use in it’s 4 years of ownership. I got it out a couple of weeks ago and it wouldn’t turn on. Turns out it was the variable speed control which is about the only part you can source from someone besides Rupes. Rupes price was about $90 for the part but I was able to find it for $25 online. It looks like the exact part and works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Update to my issues as well. Took the machine to a Rupes Reseller here in Quebec. It took them 6 months to get the part (Electronic control module). They charged me for the part but not the labour since it took so long. Very gracious of them cause I am pretty sure it wasn't their fault. It talked to the several times during that 6 months and it was always, "we are still waiting for the part, very sorry". So the repair costed me just under 100$. I also replaced the backing plate at the same time cause mine was worn out (this is why pads kept flying off of it). So overall about 150$ plus tax and I have my machine back. Really hope it doesn't break again.

After using a Boss G15 and a TORQ 10x all summer, I am really eager to work with my Rupes again. Much better machine... just wished their service was decent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Update to my issues as well. Took the machine to a Rupes Reseller here in Quebec. It took them 6 months to get the part (Electronic control module). They charged me for the part but not the labour since it took so long. Very gracious of them cause I am pretty sure it wasn't their fault. It talked to the several times during that 6 months and it was always, "we are still waiting for the part, very sorry". So the repair costed me just under 100$. I also replaced the backing plate at the same time cause mine was worn out (this is why pads kept flying off of it). So overall about 150$ plus tax and I have my machine back. Really hope it doesn't break again.

After using a Boss G15 and a TORQ 10x all summer, I am really eager to work with my Rupes again. Much better machine... just wished their service was decent.
    Curious. Why didn't you send it to a Rupes repair center?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123