autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LHR15ES stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    I read that thread and come away confused.

Customer service is not simple. It takes commitment from the top. If there are no incentives or rewards for delighting customers then employees will be motivated to prioritize other things. It has to come from the top as a priority. That takes money and effort. You can't do customer service in your spare time. That is better known as customer disservice. If it is not a priority then it needs to be clarified as such and if it is a priority the results will speak for themselves.

When you are spread thin you need to get the word out how to contact customer service. Personal E-Mail boxes coupled to people is probably not optimal. Quick response requires someone watching for interrupts and servicing those interrupts in a timely manner.

When I looked at DAs I was not cost-conscious but I was customer-service-conscious. That's why I chose the GG3, G15 and G21. They may not be optimal but I use them 3-4 times/year and that's it. I expect them to live a long and serviceable life. I cannot deal with a 1-year warranty. At 1 year my DAs are barely broken in.
    Regardless, Rupes are very likelly the most expensive polishers on the market. I paid almost 600 CAN$ for my Bigfoot Mark 1. If I was to contact them with an issue and they refused to help, you can be sure I would never purchase anything from them again.

As for Griot's, I think you made an excellent choice. Their polishers may not be the best of the best but they are very good and they have the best support in the industry.

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’ve always wondered which tool professional detailers prefer, Rupes, Griots, or other. Most of the videos I watch seem to feature Rupes polishers. Of course just because they are doing videos that doesn’t make them professionals. The brushes on all polishers wear out. Electric motors have been around for over a hundred years so maintenance/repair of a polisher should not be rocket surgery.
    Hard to say for sure, Mike would probably have numbers based on what is selling but from years of reading the forums here, I would say that most detailers either go with Rupes or Flex. When it comes to enthousiasts, I think Griot's is where it's at because of the great value and support.

Been reading a lot of facebook detailing groups latelly and Zentool seems to be very popular as well. Yvan Lacroix at Optimum swears by them saying they are smoother and quieter than Rupes polishers. I have never used one so I can't comment, but I think the Bigfoot 21 is very smooth and very quiet, so if the Zentool is even better, that is pretty sick

The other camp is composed of Rotary users, so for those guys I think that the 2 main brands are Makita and DeWalt. Here some people like the Flex rotaries, but I think in general they are not the norm.

4. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Hard to say for sure, Mike would probably have numbers based on what is selling but from years of reading the forums here, I would say that most detailers either go with Rupes or Flex. When it comes to enthousiasts, I think Griot's is where it's at because of the great value and support.

Been reading a lot of facebook detailing groups latelly and Zentool seems to be very popular as well. Yvan Lacroix at Optimum swears by them saying they are smoother and quieter than Rupes polishers. I have never used one so I can't comment, but I think the Bigfoot 21 is very smooth and very quiet, so if the Zentool is even better, that is pretty sick

The other camp is composed of Rotary users, so for those guys I think that the 2 main brands are Makita and DeWalt. Here some people like the Flex rotaries, but I think in general they are not the norm.
    I guess any tool that wasn't working would be really smooth & quiet.

But, seriously..... I find it shocking that Rupes would basically tell someone "Though $hit, we got your 5-6 hundred bucks so now you're on your own". That is horrible.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgeek View Post
    Bought the Rupes LHR15ES couple years ago and used only for 2 personal car details. I haven't turned it on for over a year and today I plug it in and doesn't turn on - nothing happens when pressing the switch. Anything to look for or can it be repaired?
    Do you have a multi meter?

If so, I'd test for voltage on each side of those 2 red butt connections for starters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Regardless, Rupes are very likelly the most expensive polishers on the market. I paid almost 600 CAN$ for my Bigfoot Mark 1. If I was to contact them with an issue and they refused to help, you can be sure I would never purchase anything from them again.

As for Griot's, I think you made an excellent choice. Their polishers may not be the best of the best but they are very good and they have the best support in the industry.
    At this point in my life, I usually buy brands that professionals use, even if the price is expensive. I have a professional-grade Honda lawnmower and never regretted it. I have a ton of Snap-on wrenches, ratchets and sockets even though the price is truthfully outrageous. Almost all of my hand tools are USA-sourced if possible, mostly Klein, Channellock and Proto.

I like to have trouble-free tools. I was tempted to buy Rupes and Flex because pros like them but the warranty and service scared me away. I did buy the Makita to get forced-rotation, too. The G15 and G21 are beasts for what I do and I never have to worry about what to do if I plug them in and they don't work right. To be perfectly honest, my guess is that Griots "enjoys" a certain number of warranty claims, especially if it gets publicized publicly here and in other forums. It reinforces their excellent customer service.

8. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, GEM65, tuscarora dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    At this point in my life, I usually buy brands that professionals use, even if the price is expensive. I have a professional-grade Honda lawnmower and never regretted it. I have a ton of Snap-on wrenches, ratchets and sockets even though the price is truthfully outrageous. Almost all of my hand tools are USA-sourced if possible, mostly Klein, Channellock and Proto.

I like to have trouble-free tools. I was tempted to buy Rupes and Flex because pros like them but the warranty and service scared me away. I did buy the Makita to get forced-rotation, too. The G15 and G21 are beasts for what I do and I never have to worry about what to do if I plug them in and they don't work right. To be perfectly honest, my guess is that Griots "enjoys" a certain number of warranty claims, especially if it gets publicized publicly here and in other forums. It reinforces their excellent customer service.
    Incredibly well put, and I couldn't agree more.

Post Thanks / Like

Contact dylon von he will take care of you..
    He's fixed machines out of warranty for cost of shipping at times I'm sure of it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ShineStruck View Post
    Contact dylon von he will take care of you..
    He's fixed machines out of warranty for cost of shipping at times I'm sure of it
    Cool info Mike.

It still alarms me that he can't just get this taken care of with Rupes Customer service.

Big turn off for newbies and/or potential buyers. JMO

Post Thanks / Like

Couple of odd things going on here that need clarification -

1) That is an orange trigger tool, so it couldn't only be "a couple" (I take that to mean 2) years old. The last of the orange triggers were 2014 models. At best its 4 years old now.
    2) We don't deny coverage over the phone - if a proper repair request is submitted via the website (rupesusa.com/repairs) then it comes in for a quote at least. At 4+ years old it would be outside of warranty, but then for something like this it would be covered for a flat rate repair ($85 including shipping) unless you are outside of the continental USA. In that case it would be shipping at your expense, then $85 for the parts/labor

Did you submit a repair request?
    Who told yo we wouldn't fix it? We'll fix any tool... whether or not its FOC or at your expense is really the only variable.

I apologize for not being here to answer this sooner - I rarely log onto the forum anymore, so if you need support directly email me (dylanv@rupesusa.com) or our main office email info@rupesusa.com

13. Thanks dlc95, rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgeek View Post
    Anyone else experienced with fixing tools know what could be wrong? Nothing happens when i pull the switch. Rupes won't fix it I talked to them already.
    Right...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast