autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Very Displeased with Ibrid

So let me start this off by saying I am waiting for a call back from a tech supervisor but I still want to share my displeasure with this tool.

Back in November of 2016 I purchased the new short neck kit. I used it a little bit during November when I was in Florida detailing. After that it pretty much sat the next 4 months during winter. At the end of April I was in the middle of a job and the power started cutting in and out. So I placed a call to Rupes and they were very pleasant to deal with and offered to send me a label to send it in under warranty. They got the tool about 7 days +/- and sent me notification on May 2 stating they were sending me a new one at no charge. One of two of the connection points was loose and causing the issue.

Fast forward to today. I have had the new warrantied unit since beginning of May. So 4 months of actual use and guess what. Same thing starts happening. Now I will say that up until today I have been using it mainly with the batteries with no issues. Today I was using it with the AC power supply. Today I have a 63 VW bug that is a very important job and the Ibrid really comes in handy for this vehicle and now I won't be able to complete some of the intricate polishing. I thought maybe my power supply is bad or acting up so I unplug it and switch back to batteries and still the same issues. My honest thought is that the power supply is too big and heavy for the little prongs inside and if you bump it the weight causes the prongs to come loose. Just my thought.

Either way I am not very happy at all as I have a 560$ tool that has gone down 2 times since April that I cannot depend on at all now. IF they warranty it again at this point I will be probably selling it and going back to a Flex PE8.

I'm sure all the Rupes faithful will come in and chew me out but hey I am speaking truth here. The first time it happened I chalked it up to just bad luck. Now it's unacceptable.

Most who know me know I wouldn't go a post something like this at all but just do some research before you go and drop 560$

Sorry for the rant everyone. I'm
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Very Displeased with Ibrid

Definitely interested in how this turns out. I've had mine for many months and while I don't use it all the time, I will be pretty upset if it gives me any issues in the future. Way way to pricey of a tool to have any problems with.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Three strikes and your out, give them another chance. I've had computers, Iphones, printers and power tools fail more than once. Oh, did I say cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be upset as well. Hopefully Rupes takes care of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Justin, please keep us posted on this I'm Rupes will have this corrected for you
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Definitely interested in how this turns out. I've had mine for many months and while I don't use it all the time, I will be pretty upset if it gives me any issues in the future. Way way to pricey of a tool to have any problems with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Three strikes and your out, give them another chance. I've had computers, Iphones, printers and power tools fail more than once. Oh, did I say cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I'd be upset as well. Hopefully Rupes takes care of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Justin, please keep us posted on this I'm Rupes will have this corrected for you
    I will keep it updated. I'm sure it will be covered but regardless of that I'm not sure I can trust it now. I would expect my BOSS G21 or Adams swirl killer mini to malfunction as I pound on them. Definitely wouldn't expect a very expensive specialty tool to have this issue so often.

Post Thanks / Like

there's some points this gentleman brings up about the Ibrid that opened my eyes as well...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    I will keep it updated. I'm sure it will be covered but regardless of that I'm not sure I can trust it now. Definitely wouldn't expect a very expensive specialty tool to have this issue so often.
    just goes to show you that any man made tool (or anything else for that matter) can be subject to problems at any given time by any company. sorry to hear justin...

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a quick video showing exactly what it is doing. Had my thumb on the switch the whole time. Speed 4 I believe.

https://youtu.be/0yHMUjEZkfg

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was cool when it came out and purchased one.Takes to much time to polish with it so I really don't use it that much.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast