autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Very Displeased with Ibrid

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I thought it was cool when it came out and purchased one.Takes to much time to polish with it so I really don't use it that much.
    I use mine mainly for wheels now. In fact when I swapped my summer and winter might be the last time I used it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a phone from a company called OnePlus this summer. A brand new model that I bought on it's debut (The 5). This company has built a great reputation over the last couple of years. CNET called their 3 and 3+ phones easily the best mid priced phone you could buy. Some considered them as good as phones costing almost twice as much.

So, I get the phone and it's real nice. Works great. That is until I try to charge it. It won't take a charge. I go through all the tests with customer service and in the end, have to send it back.

They get my phone on a Monday in their service center to check that I didn't do something to damage it before sending out a new phone. Their policy is to email you with the inspection results within 48 hours. On Friday I get an email that they have received my phone and will have the results in 48 hours. ??? What were they doing for 4 days? The guy at customer service keeps telling me they appreciate my patience in this matter. What patience?

Eventually, I get a new phone in the mail. Guess what? It won't charge.

Basically, my point is companies (even good ones) have manufacturing glitches sometimes. If you're going to be an early adapter, you're going to have to expect to have to give a product back and move on sometimes. Deal with reputable companies and at least when things go bad, you'll get most of your money back.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Displeased with Ibrid

Air compressed Nano tools won't fail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    I bought a phone from a company called OnePlus this summer. A brand new model that I bought on it's debut (The 5). This company has built a great reputation over the last couple of years. CNET called their 3 and 3+ phones easily the best mid priced phone you could buy. Some considered them as good as phones costing almost twice as much.

So, I get the phone and it's real nice. Works great. That is until I try to charge it. It won't take a charge. I go through all the tests with customer service and in the end, have to send it back.

They get my phone on a Monday in their service center to check that I didn't do something to damage it before sending out a new phone. Their policy is to email you with the inspection results within 48 hours. On Friday I get an email that they have received my phone and will have the results in 48 hours. ??? What were they doing for 4 days? The guy at customer service keeps telling me they appreciate my patience in this matter. What patience?

Eventually, I get a new phone in the mail. Guess what? It won't charge.

Basically, my point is companies (even good ones) have manufacturing glitches sometimes. If you're going to be an early adapter, you're going to have to expect to have to give a product back and move on sometimes. Deal with reputable companies and at least when things go bad, you'll get most of your money back.
    Unfortunately your correct.

Quote Originally Posted by asap2stacks View Post
    Air compressed Nano tools won't fail
    Ya I'm not sure my 30gal compressor will be enough for one.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick update. Spoke with Dylan Von Kleist and we got the warranty claim started and we will see what happens. There definitely going to cover it. Weather it gets fixed or he authorizes a replacement. He definitely understood my frustration and although not a common issue did say he has seen a handful of them with it.

On another note I did order a new Flex PE8 to use a another option.

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up a new PE8 kit on ebay for a good price...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrken1 View Post
    Hope you have a warranty.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post

Just a quick update. Spoke with Dylan Von Kleist and we got the warranty claim started and we will see what happens.

Hi Justin,

Sorry to hear about the tool failure. Good to hear RUPES will take care of it.

Also thank you for sharing this on the forum so we can all learn from your experience.

Just to note, I have a short neck and a long neck in our garage and so far they have always worked flawlessly.

Even took them both to the Wisconsin Roadshow Class were multiple people used them on multiple cars and zero issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Hi Justin,

Sorry to hear about the tool failure. Good to hear RUPES will take care of it.

Also thank you for sharing this on the forum so we can all learn from your experience.

Just to note, I have a short neck and a long neck in our garage and so far they have always worked flawlessly.

Even took them both to the Wisconsin Roadshow Class were multiple people used them on multiple cars and zero issues.

No problem Mike. Like I said I definitely didn't want this to come off as a bash Rupes post. Just wanted to share some frustrating experiences with a tool. When my Ibrid is working I absolutely love it and have stated that over the past months. Thankfully a forum member JSFMX35 overnighted his so I can finish up some intricate polishing on a custom 1963 VW bug before getting it coated.

10. Likes Paul A., Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrken1 View Post
    I have first dibs when you sell it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast