autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ibrid nano issues

Quote Originally Posted by fdfretes View Post
    I also realize that the whole shipping situation has nothing to do with RUPES itself but has to do where I chose to live, however, I wouldn't have plunked down the equivalent of almost two month's salaries down here if I expected even for a minute that I would get a product that didn't work.
    Wouldn't that be true for anything that you purchase? Sh$t happens.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Wouldn't that be true for anything that you purchase? Sh$t happens.
    Not necessarily - when buying cheap items if they arrive broken or last a very small amount of time its not a big deal but when you buy something known for its quality and it arrives broken its a little different...the Kia I bought for the wife cost 10 grand new, if it had an issue 6 months down the road it wouldn't even surprise me but if the same happened with any of my other vehicles I would think twice about the quality of product that I had bought...

Anywho, like I said, Dylan is taking care of it.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=fdfretes;1496675]Not necessarily - when buying cheap items if they arrive broken or last a very small amount of time its not a big deal but when you buy something known for its quality and it arrives broken its a little different...the Kia I bought for the wife cost 10 grand new, if it had an issue 6 months down the road it wouldn't surprise me but if the same happened with any of my other vehicles I would think twice about the quality of product that I had bought...

Your analogy is not accurate..are you saying an expensive car (Mercedes) is less likely to break down compared to your Kia?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I daily drive a Series 200 Toyota Landcruiser, so in my case, I would certainly hope it would be more reliable than a Kia Picanto!!

...both Mercedes sedans i've owned have been rock solid reliable for the time i've owned them, but that isn't saying much since I only owned them for about 50k miles...although we might disagree on the analogy...you get what I mean, right ?

Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily - when buying cheap items if they arrive broken or last a very small amount of time its not a big deal but when you buy something known for its quality and it arrives broken its a little different...the Kia I bought for the wife cost 10 grand new, if it had an issue 6 months down the road it wouldn't even surprise me but if the same happened with any of my other vehicles I would think twice about the quality of product that I had bought...

Anywho, like I said, Dylan is taking care of it.
    dont know how Kia wouldnt be surprising if there were problems as their QC was #1 in 2016. Just read an article that Kia surpassed Hyundai in Korean sales which is quite a feat. Anyways, it seems lately there have been some issues/QC (not just here but over the pond as well) with Rupes. Sometimes things happen, in anycase... hopefully they will take care of any issues/problems you have...

Post Thanks / Like

I daily drive a Series 200 Toyota Landcruiser, so in my case, I would certainly hope it would be more reliable than a Kia Picanto!!

...both Mercedes sedans i've owned have been rock solid reliable for the time i've owned them, but that isn't saying much since I only owned them for about 50k miles...although we might disagree on the analogy...you get what I mean, right ?
    If you are comparing a no name drill (Harbor Freight) to a Dewalt, than yes, but Rupes is a well known tool company, but it can still fail.

You implied if you knew it would fail you wouldn't have bought it..who would!!

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes is a good company to deal with and are very customer oriented. It is not a surprise they are going the extra mile to help you out. Hopefully you will post about how Rupes fixed your problem.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Rupes is a good company to deal with and are very customer oriented. It is not a surprise they are going the extra mile to help you out. Hopefully you will post about how Rupes fixed your problem.
    When the issue is over with I certainly will, thanks for the suggestion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123